Problem with new install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new install

Hi all, after several months I have now installed my car pc in the vehicle.
    All was ok until I drove away, and then noticed no update on the map for sat nav. GPS receiver is a Globalsat 303 which shows it is getting sat lock, 4 or 5 sats, but map monkey says 0 sats, and screen doesn't update. If I close and then re open Map Monkey it updates to my current location, but refuses to update when I travel.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem, and what should I try to correct it. I have searched the forums for several days, but have not found the same problem.......Many thanks in advance.

Originally posted by galant
    Hi all, after several months I have now installed my car pc in the vehicle.
    All was ok until I drove away, and then noticed no update on the map for sat nav. GPS receiver is a Globalsat 303 which shows it is getting sat lock, 4 or 5 sats, but map monkey says 0 sats, and screen doesn't update. If I close and then re open Map Monkey it updates to my current location, but refuses to update when I travel.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem, and what should I try to correct it. I have searched the forums for several days, but have not found the same problem.......Many thanks in advance.
    I seem to remember that NinjaMonkey made a fix available for this. I updated MapMonkey with the fix/update and i edited my settings for MapMonkey just in case.
    I had the same problem for a while but works fine for me now.
    There ain't no need to cry. Time's up. It's time to die....

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I traced the problem to the com port settings which had somehow changed from com port 3 to 4. All working fine now, thanks.

Comment

don't crosspost
        Read the rules
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
        X