Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StevieG's Steering Wheel Control Software

Version: 1.02

This software is intended for use with a 'hacked' USB gamepad - I.E. If you open up your steering wheel stalk controls, and wire the buttons back to the buttons on a USB gamepad.

It is DirectX based and works from the first USB gamepad it can find. You can find out more about making the hardware clicking here

It is fully configurable, all information is in the help file. MSI installer.

Download

Source is now available above
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

very nice job!!!

I have to reloacated the hazard button too!!!

I'm going to check prices for the gamepad and start this proj right away!!

P.S: you are no hosting the acess control software anymore???(link is down)this like you said will be perfect to record was going on when you have to leave the car a the dealer!!!
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
      very nice job!!!

I have to reloacated the hazard button too!!!

I'm going to check prices for the gamepad and start this proj right away!!

P.S: you are no hosting the acess control software anymore???(link is down)this like you said will be perfect to record was going on when you have to leave the car a the dealer!!!
      Access Control link fixed. My bad, it's only been released this evening, I forgot to copy onto all 3 of my file/image servers!

Idea behind the gamepad is you might have one lying around, otherwise you can pick them up very cheaply. I'm using one that uses built-in windows drivers.

Comment

Thanks steveg.......
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Great Idea

Damn I found a ton of controllers for under $10. This is a really cheap way to add OEM buttons.

Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
          http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

What kind of functions can be done with the game pad? Sorry do not know much about computers.

Stevieg....very nice work in your car. Do not often see people that take the time to build it correctly and make it look stock. Hatch is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by SickVette
              What kind of functions can be done with the game pad? Sorry do not know much about computers.

Stevieg....very nice work in your car. Do not often see people that take the time to build it correctly and make it look stock. Hatch is awesome.

USB gamepad just has a bunch of buttons on. If you wire the stalk to contact the buttons, this software picks up those button presses and sends key shortcuts which applications such as centrafuse can pick up and process, such as volume, next track, screen on off, function etc.

Thanks on the car!

Comment

Thanks stevieg....I am just starting to learn about the computers and software. Now I think I will look for some factory switches I can adapt to my car.

Comment

Source now available at my website www.stevieg.org/carpc/downloads

Comment

Problem using

Hi
                    Trying to use the software but not getting past first base.
                    Program loads and icon is added to system tray, but first time I press a button I get an error about being unable to create an ActiveX object.
                    Am I missing something?
                    David
                    I want to add a Car PC to my car for less than the car cost. Trouble is the car only cost 450

Comment

Originally posted by ba1oo View Post
                      Hi
                      Trying to use the software but not getting past first base.
                      Program loads and icon is added to system tray, but first time I press a button I get an error about being unable to create an ActiveX object.
                      Am I missing something?
                      David
                      Hiya

You need to register the autoit class by running the .bat file, as explained in the instructions.

Steve

Comment

Nop. I did that on both machines. Just did it again, just in case and I still get the same problem.

Run-time error '429':
                        ActiveX component can't create object

Does this software require some other software installed to function? I though it was stand alone - Am just trying to move around in notepad at the moment.

David
                        I want to add a Car PC to my car for less than the car cost. Trouble is the car only cost 450

Comment

same thing is happping to me. I tried it on my vista 64 laptop. I will try it on my 32 bit desktop when i get home. I know that 64 is more problematic.
                          2001 Boxster S
                          2003 Boxster S

Comment

Did you checked the date of this thread? It is outdated. Search for "JOYPAD"

Comment

Hello stevieg,
                              It' s possible to have the VB6 source of your SWC? It isn't avaible from your site.

I need it because I want to realize a sw to use game port to measure analog value as voltage or temperature in the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X