No announcement yet.

VNC - Remote Desktop (for non-xp types)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VNC - Remote Desktop (for non-xp types)

This is pretty good software and NOT platform specific,

does the same thing as pc anyware, or remote desktop connection

but they have a free version available:

http://www.realvnc.com/download.html
    95 Mazda Protege LX
    Worklog
    Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
    [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
    [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

there are alot of VNC aplications that are free and a few that cost money. Most people dont know about these.

Tightvnc
    Ultravnc

are both good free ones.

Comment

I downloaded WinVNC, it comes with PalmVNC, I use it on my pda for control over the carputer. Works via bluetooth, it's like a portable touchscreen. Fantastic

-w
      P4MST-890 775 MicroATX Pentium Dual Core E2140 , 80GB 2.5", OPUS 320W, MS GPS, SB EXTREMEGAMER PCI, 8" LILLIPUT TS, 15" NEC TS, SIRIUS USB PC INTERFACE, STREETDECK, KICKER ZX850.4, KICKER 2500.1, 2xKICKER SS65.2, 2xKICKER 10"COMPVX

Comment

I love RealVNC
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Just curious, what are you planning on using VNC for? is this from the car?
          I use my vzw connection from the car, and log into a win 98 box that is running realvnc (works decent on this connection). I love it, works great need to reboot the box once in 2-3 months or so.
          ----------------
          04 Corolla

Modifications:
          Upgrading pc 99%

Progress

Comment

Well, you could VNC from your smartphone... I think
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

i run RealVNC on the car, and access it from the house, saves alot of time running back and forth to change options, tweaks, etc.
              95 Mazda Protege LX
              Worklog
              Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
              [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
              [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by gameboy
                i run RealVNC on the car, and access it from the house, saves alot of time running back and forth to change options, tweaks, etc.
                I do the same thing when updating. I also use it to access the carpc from my laptop when I take it along on longer trips or war driving.

Comment

Oh yeah, those who run modded PSOne Screen. A must have application is VNC. I run RealVNC on the SupraPC. Once the screen/PowerStrip go wack. The only way to get the setting back to normal/viewable is either thru VNC or carry a big a$$ desktop monitor and hook it up to configure.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                    Oh yeah, those who run modded PSOne Screen. A must have application is VNC. I run RealVNC on the SupraPC. Once the screen/PowerStrip go wack. The only way to get the setting back to normal/viewable is either thru VNC or carry a big a$$ desktop monitor and hook it up to configure.
                    LOL I dont use a psone monitor but untell I got this set up I was luging a 17" crt out to the car and pluging it in to do my editing or fixing.

Comment

realvnc is an nice tiny programm. I use it on all my desktop pc and aswell on my carputer.

the only problem is that the viewer is freeware but the servers is shareway/ payware.

but I bought it, its nice,clean,accept keyboard presses like -ctrl-alt-del and it use only 200k of ram.

Comment

Don't pay for vnc software. Ultravnc and Tightvnc is free for the viewer and server.

Comment

I use tightvnc... for no particular reson... can someone point out the diffeences between real/ultra/tight?

Are they compatible? (tight server, real client, for example)
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Some of the clients are compatable. I think real and tight work together but ultra vnc has some special fetures that don't seem like tight or real to work with it.

RealVNC = the original developed by IBM
                            UltraVNC = Many additions to incress compression and screen refreshing
                            TightVNC = Small package with improvments over realvnc but lacks some of the nice layouts Ultra has.

I used tight vnc for a long time and am now switching over to Ultra because I like the feture set it has and all there added bells and whistles. I would try Ultra and Tight both out and make up your mind. Also I think each one of these has linux binaries/source available.

Comment

Originally posted by gameboy

^^^^
                              what he said

Comment

Working...
                              X