X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need music for my car! PLZ help!

Hi everybody!

I'm new here, so maybe some of you can help a noob:
    I'm a poor student, so I don't have much money to spend for music. But how to get good music now?
    I don't want to use filesharing, so is there any other way to get music for free? I listen to the radio in my car, but there's practically never more than 2 songs I really like.

Please help me, tell me what you do!

you could go to a cd store and steal cd's, or you could learn to play an instrument and start making your own music...for free!! or you could kidnap an old lady and have her sing to you while you drive around.
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
      you could go to a cd store and steal cd's
      That was a good one!

But I'm serious, is there a "legal" way?

Comment

doesnt www.mp3.com have free songs? you could always listen to itunes streaming radio, thats free
        New System in progress:
        M10k
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
        Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
        Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
        Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
        Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
        My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I use internet radio stations to get good music!

You could take StreamRipper (streamripper.sourceforge.net) or AudioJack 2. I prefer the second one, 'cause you can record the mp3s and directly burn them on CD!

For the ones who think it's illegal:
          Link

cu

Comment

FM radio is free.
            Is this where the witty comment goes?
            97 Black pearl Mazda Miata MX-5 Carpc V2? maybee..

Comment

I use internet radio stations to get good music!

You could take StreamRipper (streamripper.sourceforge.net) or AudioJack 2. I prefer the second one, 'cause you can record the mp3s and directly burn them on CD!

For the ones who think it's illegal:
              Link

cu

Comment

Listen to the radio, buy a CD, or hum. Those are your options.

@ scott_fx
                Zen Fat Loss

Comment

Thanks to all of you! I'm already lovin this board!

I think I'll try the internet radios, I didn't know about them, and obviously recording them ain't illegal indeed! That's great news for me!

@ NewEggs:
                  Is there any reason to use AudioJack 2 and not freeware-tools like StreamRipper? Please gimme some information on this!

THX again

Comment

Well, I'd choose AudioJack 2 'cause it really is an all-in-one tool.
                    See, StreamRipper has just the ripping part, other tools will do another part... You'll have to use two or three tools until you have your music/ mp3 CD!

For example, AudioJack 2 splits the files correctly and also gets the correct title infos. Then you can edit the files (like fade-in, cut...) and burn them on CD.
                    And there are other features that don't belong to internet radio recording but that'll save your money, too. You can backup your original CDs or rip music from CD or DVD...

I prefer one tool that does his job to a couple of tools!

cu

Comment

It is illegal in the UK. I can't help it if the extremely unusual US justice system allows it!!
                      FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
                      EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
                      8" touchscreen
                      D-Link USB Radio
                      USB GPS Mouse
                      Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
                      Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

honestly raplh, if ure gunna go thru all the above trouble, to get the same result of using filesharing, is it really that bad if u do download those songs, it doesnt seem so bad if ure not considering buying the cds anyway
                        Im planning to sleep my way to the top! wake me up when im there.

Comment

Find a rich kid with similar taste in music and steal his mp3 player. Repeat as necessary, or untill jailed. You will probably stay out of jail longer just using file sharing, and the rich kids wouldve uploaded it to you anyway!
                          Carputer status: [-*---------]
                          Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Hey, don't tell him that crap, he already said he doesn't like filesharing!
                            And in fact, filesharing is way more illegal than recording radio streams 'cause you OFFER the downloaded files at the same time! So I think THIS should "keep you in jail" for a long time!

The radio stations payed for the music, so they can broadcast it legally; recording the streams ain't illegal in my opinion! I'm feelin far better than share files with other people!

... just think about it

Comment

haha dude calm down, no ones forcin no one, hahaha. and besides, its simple enough to not share what uve downloaded.
                              Im planning to sleep my way to the top! wake me up when im there.

Comment

Working...
                              X