Which Software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Software?

Which software here is the best, and most current and updated one being used?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by carputernut
    Which software here is the best, and most current and updated one being used?
    This is a horrible question that has been asked many many times.
    You're ask ten different people this question and you're going to get ten different answers, since everyone has their own opinions on what the best software is. Moreover, you're not specific about what type of software? Operating System? Auto frontend? MP3 player? File synchronization software? Web browser? MP3 tagger?

There's a forum of nothing but FAQs. In it is this post:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51485

Read it, as well as everything else in the FAQ Emporium that may be of interest or help.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

if ur talking front ends

roadrunner would have to be the most upto date with intergration and features

but im still loyal to the fast and stable forodo player which isnt uptodate anymore but does what i want

centrafuse is prety uptodate too but its also slow
      View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
        This is a horrible question that has been asked many many times.
        You're ask ten different people this question and you're going to get ten different answers, since everyone has their own opinions on what the best software is. Moreover, you're not specific about what type of software? Operating System? Auto frontend? MP3 player? File synchronization software? Web browser? MP3 tagger?

There's a forum of nothing but FAQs. In it is this post:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51485

Read it, as well as everything else in the FAQ Emporium that may be of interest or help.
        Maybe i asked this to early in the morning eh?

Ok, let me clear it up. Whats the best for mp3, gps, front end, user friendly, video, stability, and which one is updated regularly?

Thanks for all the people who answer this and dont give me **** for it.

Comment

Eithr RoadRunner or Centrafuse IMHO. Also take a look at MediaEngine. Was my first FrendEnd and I still like the Skin the most when it comes to using a touchscreen
          Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

Maybe i asked this to early in the morning eh?
            Maybe you need to try downloading all of the frontends yourself and trying them out to see which one is the best for your hardware, installation, and personal preference.
            They're all skinnable and all have the ability to launch or embed other apps.

Ok, let me clear it up. Whats the best for mp3, gps, front end, user friendly, video, stability, and which one is updated regularly?

Thanks for all the people who answer this and dont give me **** for it.
            I'm not giving you ****. I'm stating facts.
            Why not just ask what the best football team is? You're going to get answers just as meaningless.
            All of the frontend packages are updated regularly. Someone says FrodoPlayer isn't updated, but only because it's being rewritten from the ground up. Expect big things from the next release.

Instead of relying on what other people think is best (which would make you a lemming), come to your own conclusion based on your own experiences (which makes you something besides a lemming).
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Ok,
              1. Darque is far and away one of the most helpful people here and hangs out in the Newbie section answering questions constantly. If he had a nickle for everytime he had to read the same question asked, he'd be a rich man. The fact that he knows what he needs to know about CarPCs but yet he still hangs out in the newbie section so much is a testimate to his patients.
              2. What do you mean the best for MP3, Gps, user friendly etc? OF course we know what qualities you are looking for in a FE, do you think Frodo put his FE together while thinking, well I really don't give a rats *** about MP3 playing or GPS, I'm gonna focus on the ability to play hearts and use notepad . . . ? All front ends were made to do relatively the same thing,. They have subtle differences I'd consider personality. YOu need to experience them to find what works best for you!
              3. I'll take DP's comment one step further - he said don't rely on what other people think of a FE, Well I'd say I don't even like ANY of the front ends unless I give it my own personal touches- I've edited every front end I've used in some way or another, skinned this, changed that, coded this, etc. It's a question you'll only answer after time and use.
              Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
              Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
              I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
              Please help.

Comment

One of the things I like about Centrafuse is that it doesn't rely on additional software (such as Winamp or WMP) to perform basic tasks such as playing MP3s; everything is internal to the frontend. Sure, you need .Net framework, managed DirectX, and a couple of other items to get it running (excluding codecs which would need to be installed regardless of frontend), but that's about it.

A new release of CF is imminenet, which is a complete rewrite, includes many new features, and addresses the afrementioned speed issue.

My $.02.
                Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by J187
                  1. Darque is far and away one of the most helpful people here and hangs out in the Newbie section answering questions constantly. If he had a nickle for everytime he had to read the same question asked, he'd be a rich man. The fact that he knows what he needs to know about CarPCs but yet he still hangs out in the newbie section so much is a testimate to his patients.

I think it also means I'm one of the most pathetic, since I check this board several times a day.
                  Oh, and it's patience, not patients. I'm not a doctor!
                  How about the Wiki?

Comment

Ok, i just got my touchscreen working again, and ive had some past issues with media car before. I tried others, but they all lack something or other. Instead of downloading, and tinkering with all of them to possibly get one of them to work, i thought id ask first. If you have had them all running, why wouldnt you state the one that you like the most? Is it that hard of a question? I dont care if i have a million answers from other people stating they like this and like that, as long as someone had a valid good point on fe software that i liked and need, i would try that. Makes sence, right?

So ok, again, what software do you like the most, and why?

Comment

I like Powerpoint 2004. Because it's got cool animations and transitions.
                      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                      Want to:
                      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

go look at the various frontend forums

Comment

If I had to tell a non-techy friend what to use, I'd tell him to use CF (Centrafuse) because that's what I use. However, if you have the knowledge to find this board and post to it, then you really should take the time to try out at least the top 3 yourself (CF, RR, FP) plus look at the screen shots of the others (there really arn't that many with their own sub-forum).

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Looking at when and what the latest posts are in the frontend subforums should give an idea of popularity.

Comment

Ok, i just got my touchscreen working again, and ive had some past issues with media car before. I tried others, but they all lack something or other. Instead of downloading, and tinkering with all of them to possibly get one of them to work, i thought id ask first. If you have had them all running, why wouldnt you state the one that you like the most? Is it that hard of a question? I dont care if i have a million answers from other people stating they like this and like that, as long as someone had a valid good point on fe software that i liked and need, i would try that. Makes sence, right?

So ok, again, what software do you like the most, and why?
                              Ok, here is my What and Why:
                              What -> Mobile Impact->
                              Why ->
                              1. Easy to use
                              2. Very little to no special configurations
                              3. Fully Skinnable
                              4. Meets the requirements you mentioned.
                              5. Very touch screen friendly
                              6. Very stable
                              7. All modules are built into a single program
                              8. Easy single file installation, and uninstallation
                              9. I update it almost Daily
                              10. Only Front End to incorporate a game Emulator
                              11. Adding XM radio, Calendar/Contacts/Email, and Web Browser in the near future

Follow the link below to download.
                              Mobile Impact
                              Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
                              http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Working...
                              X