Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iGuidance and Frodoplayer display issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance and Frodoplayer display issues?

I've searched and haven't found anything quite like the problem I'm having. I'd keep searching but it's almost 2am and this 7" Lilliput is killing my eyes.

Only once out of every 10 times does iGuidance display properly in Frodo. I've tried to hide/unhide start/restart etc. and play with all of the settings. Still no luck. It's not unbearable, but I know it can be fixed. The screenshot shows the black bar between song title and the screen.

I've read about iGSkinner and the new SKinner program, but it seems a little too complex for me. Has anyone used it with Frodo? Is there a FAQ for settint it up?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

one more thing

I forgot...I'm using iG 2.0.1. Also, frodo doesn't check the nag screen for me anymore. It did early on, though? I think I wore the damn thing out?!!

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

Comment

iGSkinner and SKINbedder will not work with FP

BTW: I think that FP has to get rid of the nag screen, otherwise it won't embed properly. I had the same issues with iGS and Sb.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Nag screen

Am I missing a setting to get it to remove the nag screen? I just finished reinstalling everything thinking I might have messed something up and same issue. Does it matter that I'm using an nLited system? Same problem with full install though.

What is SB?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that FP needs to get rid of the nag screen to embed correctly. Something is wrong with your system or settings. Check your settings again.

Sb = SKINbedder.
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Ever since I went to IG 2.1, I have the same exact problems (both of them - Proper embedding and no nag) as wallaceacura has. It was working fine with Routis 2004 and IG 2.0.
            Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

I'm using 2.0.1 if it helps. Is that just different enough from 2.0?

What settings should I be looking for? I've poured over the .ini file trying to find something that I've missed. Anyone else overcome this problem?

Comment

Hmmm.... here's what I'd do. There's a registry entry that disables the NAG screen. You need a progam that writes that entree and launches iG... and then does not terminate.
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                  Hmmm.... here's what I'd do. There's a registry entry that disables the NAG screen. You need a progam that writes that entree and launches iG... and then does not terminate.
                  Hmmmm.
                  I wonder if any of the suers here has written such a program. Boris, do you know if anyone has?
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                    Hmmmm.
                    I wonder if any of the suers here has written such a program. Boris, do you know if anyone has?
                    No. And that's why people have been switching from FP. He decided to hardcode the classname
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I thought this registry hack was only for iG 2.1. I'm using 2.0.1.

No. And that's why people have been switching from FP. He decided to hardcode the classname
                      I just uninstalled FP and installed RoadRunner. Setup the external GPS to launch iGLaunch and it works perfect. No nag screen, no borders, it's GREAT! Looks more OEM now.

I wish I could have setup SKINbedder. That might have helped...

Comment

Originally posted by wallaceacura
                        I thought this registry hack was only for iG 2.1. I'm using 2.0.1.

I just uninstalled FP and installed RoadRunner. Setup the external GPS to launch iGLaunch and it works perfect. No nag screen, no borders, it's GREAT! Looks more OEM now.

I wish I could have setup SKINbedder. That might have helped...
                        I've only played with the reg hack on v2.1. It seemed to work

Yay! iGSKinner

So.. what problems are you having with SKINbedder
                        Post in the proper thread
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                        X