Front End Comparison?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End Comparison?

Has anyone done a comparison of the major front end apps? I am trying to decide which to try first, FrodoPlayer, RoadRunner or Centrafuse. All are obviously very capable, I just don't want to get 70% of the way there and find there is something the one I chose cannot do.

I am to use...

MapMonkey and Routis (selectable)
    MP3 Playback
    Phone Control
    NetStumbler
    View web pages (offline mainly)
    Initiate a program to download web pages
    Maybe movies (later)
    Maybe a rear view camera (later)

Edit - GPS Secure too!

Are they all pretty much equal in this respect? Any recomendations other than search / read / test?

Chris.

if you are using wifi, then you will eventually have a desire to have some sort of "auto sync" so that you music stays up to date with your desktop... Frodo has that taken care of using EZSync...
    EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Nope.
      Search. Read. Test.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I'd recommend Road Runner but the next person would probably say Frodo Player. So yeah, try them out and pick the one you like best. They're all free (except CentraFuse that is).
        iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
        CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

i tested RR and frodo on my desktop. aside from any compatibilty issues i just found RR easier to navigate as whole. neither is that good IMO as far as navigation. things jump around and get very confusing, but I like RR better.
          Steve Davis
          www.CraniumDesigns.com

Comment

I don't think that you'd be able to find a unbias comparison chart. CF was really slow in the first few versions, but 1.3 is considerable faster, but buggy
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
            X