Web-based media management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web-based media management

I'm looking for a piece of software that will index and serve up video and audio files over a web interface, so that someone can easily download them to their device like, oh, say, a PSP.

Since all of my friends now have PSPs, with the advent of 2.0 firmware, I'd like to give someone the ability to access a large library of media and download a video file for viewing on their device

This might sound like a real wacko solution, buuut. Kerio mail server has a neat "mobile device" web interface for picking up ones mail, programmed in PHP.

In theory it wouldnt be difficult to set up folders and mail mail messages with media attachments and serve it out through the client accessing a public email account, (you can kill the ability to send)..

Just a thought
    Originally Posted by feral
    And for some other name's, how about
    'Free-way'

Comment

Now every carPC is a moving webserver.
      Setup Access, IIS and wack up some asp pages and you are in the game. That is if you want dynamic stuff.
      Pure html page will do just fine
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Doesn't FP have web based media management
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Now every carPC is a moving webserver.
          I am still considering this approach for my front end and in ASP you will be glad to know. Access as sql would be a little overkill.

Main problem is launching external apps, dunno how to achieve that.

@thecapitalizt 2k & xp have an easily configurable web server built in, IIS, you should be able to serve out "index of/" style pages easily. Ive no idea how you plan to connect your mobile devices to this though.
          Originally Posted by feral
          And for some other name's, how about
          'Free-way'

Comment

Working...
          X