Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this exist? automatic file transfer software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this exist? automatic file transfer software?

I'm looking for software that would automatically transfer files to My Music when i plug my usb pen drive in. Does such a thing exist?
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

What media player do you use. Windows MediaPlayer 10 has a folder monitor built into it. You may be able to specify the usb drive to monitor. I did not see anywhere to set timings for checking it. XP also normally brings up a screen when you put in a CD or USB drive with files that it recognizes. It asks you what you want to do and if you always want it to do that action. You may not have the ability to differenciate between the USB drive and any other media.
    God made me the geek I am, the freak part came from watching RHPS too many times and drinking Re-Animator fuid at Con's too much.

Comment

SmartSync

There is a program I use called SmartSync that can be set to copy files from one place to another. You can set an option to "Copy on Change". Anytime you plug in your USB drive, the program would notice any new files in the specified directory and copy them over.

Comment

dont use windows media player. I'm gonna check out that smartsync software n post results

Comment

itunes will sync too depending on the setup
          William Surritte, Technician
          No Limit Technologies
          1931 U.S. HWY. 160, Caulfield, MO 65626
          http://home.centurytel.net/nolimititech/
          Planning: |++++ |
          Software Development: |++++ |
          Hardware Development: |++ |

Comment

smartsync costs money? there's a few programs called smartsync and all of them are trial usage. Anything free?

Comment

EZSync? here on mp3car?

Comment

i thought EZsync was just for client/server connections. Will it auto detect the usb key and transfer the files to the local folder? Itunes wont work because i'm not just transferring music.

Comment

smartsync costs money? there's a few programs called smartsync and all of them are trial usage. Anything free?
                  Yeah, sorry. I think it is like $30 or $35. May not be worth it for this application, but it does a great job. I actually use it on my servers at work. You can also check SnapFiles.com and do a search in their freeware section.

Comment

Search "Interchange". There is a thread about this program that a member was developing. Then someone else came in with a link for a program (can't remember the name) that does basically the same thing. I think that program costs $5 or something small like that.
                    Spent so far: $1,755
                    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
                    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
                    Don't mess with Texas.
                    It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

i thought EZsync was just for client/server connections. Will it auto detect the usb key and transfer the files to the local folder? Itunes wont work because i'm not just transferring music.
                      Check out this thread from the EZSync Section. This implementation is in works for what I believe is the next build. But don't quote me on that.

EZSync Thumbnail Drives
                      Mark

Car'Puter Project
                      - Xenarc 700TSV
                      - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
                      - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
                      - M2-ATX
                      - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
                      - Garmin 15H GPS
                      - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

yeach, RR interchange is one that springs to mind...

another option is making an autorun file... for it, it is probably the easiest if you want to copy everything to a fixed directory....

this may help:
                        -http://autorun.moonvalley.com/
                        -http://www.ashzfall.com/products/autorun/
                        -http://www.ashzfall.com/products/autorun/autorunfloppy.html (autorun on floppy drives / and enabling autorun on different drives memo sticks?altho I think memosticks already play autorun)
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

since i already use ezsync for my wireless updating i spose i'll wait til the next release when this is implemented. Thanks!

Comment

That program looks interesting! This may be just a stab in the dark but does it by chance automatically add songs to a playlist. For example, i want all my rock songs in one playlist so i can load them via button press in rr... but that would require me to add songs to play list each time i add songs to my hard drive. Does your progam do that?

Comment

Working...
                            X