Vice Versa Pro: You gotta get it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vice Versa Pro: You gotta get it!

dude i just downloaded a trial of this program vice versa pro... i dont know if anyones mentioned it before but its awesome.

it synchronizes folders/files, even over a network. lots of different sync options, very easy to use with lots of advanced features...

i grabbed it off cnet, its awesome, definitely supporting these guys on that one...

i pull into my driveway, hit the sync button, and whatever new downloads are there my pc gets

rules man, so happy - makes it easy, real quick too!

give it a shot
    [4Runna]

next - wifi

Link ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

sorry frodo

http://www.tgrmn.com/
      [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

dude the site has a program that initiates at user definied intervals (startup, filechange, etc)... frodo make an addon that sends a signal to your remote car starter and delays the program from starting until bootup, then i dont have to leave my seat
        [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

i use this called syncondemand
          http://www.caddais.com

Comment

ya i'm ok w/the cash, i'm willing to part w/30 bucks for this kind of time saver
            [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

Anyone knows of a similar program that does sftp too?

Or a free one that does ftp?

Thanks!
              List of front-ends/usefull apps
              XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Syncing

http://www.allwaysync.com/download/a...ync-2-9-40.exe

Well I thought you all would want a really nice free one. This is the one I use....why pay when its free.

VaRMiT

Comment

Damn, that one doesn't seem to do FTP...
                  XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by JC-S60
                    syncondemand Does

Comment

Originally posted by JC-S60
                      I've written a little program to sync files to an FTP server, it's one way, just up, not down, if you want a copy PM me and I'll e-mail it to you. It's something I've written.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyaswell
                        syncondemand Does
                        Free FTP or paying SFTP please

Syncondemand doesn't seem to do SFTP

Thanks Anyway

@fromplanetbob: you got a private message! Thanks!
                        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Here is where you can download the program
                          HTTP://www.PearsonsAppraisal.com/SyncFTP.msi

The program is a bit involved, but here's the description:
                          Written in VB.Net using the IP*Works Toolkit from /nsoft
                          There is a configure button, but some settings must also be set in the INI file it creates
                          The password is encrpyted (well enough so you can't ready it anyways) in the INI file.

Okay, how it works. The program will scan all files in a directory, not subdirectories, just the directory you choose. it then generates a MD5 checksum for all files and recordes their size. It then downloads a log file from the server and checks that list of files agains the list that was just generated. It also checks the FTP directory and if any file is there that is not locally, it renames it with something like _deleted and the date. Now files which have are not on the FTP server or don't match the MD5 or filesize will be uploaded. A new log is created, compressed and then sent to the server.

The program was written to allow me to automatically update a large directory of image files to a website, but most of these collections are in excess of a few hundred megabytes, not something I want to upload every night.

The source code is not avaible, don't ask. (This is for a number of reasons, including that you would have to have about 1500 worth of software toolkit licenses to even compile it.) It also contains our automatic update routine, so if I update the software, it will check the web for updates and then download them if they are there (I don't know if you can turn this off or not, check the INI file).

Comment

Working...
                          X