Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most supported / used Frontend ?

Hi

what is currently the most supported and used frontend ?

i have tried several but most are out of date or dont work at all, some didnt even want to install flawless...

thanks,

paul

Road Runner all the way......!!
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by prensel
      Hi

what is currently the most supported and used frontend ?

i have tried several but most are out of date or dont work at all, some didnt even want to install flawless...

thanks,

paul
      Give Mobile Impact a try, it is extremely unique in that it does everything every other front end does, but it is easier to use, has an N64 game emulator and Organizer that downloads your Microsoft Outlook Calendar, Contacts and Emails, and natively embed 2 of the most popular GPS programs.
      Mobile Impact
      Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
      http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

just tried mobile impact. does not resume music when you exit movie. Have to click the movie 3 times to get it full screen, 3 more times to get back to menu. Had to find ini to add delorme to gps. Now have to click click click click to use gps.

Very nice interface but too much clicking, not really driver friendly imo.

Really nice interface.
        The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
        CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
        PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
        Memory:1G
        Drives:160gig
        WI-FI:Cingular
        GPS:IG2k9
        Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
        The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Centrafuse, and its upcoming plugin support.
          2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Tried several but no luck sofar....

Okay, ive tried several frontends but non sofar could offer what i
            need/search for:

- simple to use interface so my 4 yr old daughter can use the touchscreen from the back of my 22ft camper
            - wifi integration, with possible hotspot finder
            - gps support, freedrive (cause mapmonkey doesnt work for some reason)
            - mp3 player
            - divx player
            - rearview camera
            - mame integration

thanks

Paul

Comment

Prensel,
              You can do all of this in Road Runner for sure. As most people are using the exact same as you are looking for. All you need to do is a Find a Skin that you think is User Friendly for your 4 yr old. My 8 yr old can run mine no problem using the zots skin.

Later,
              Bryan
              2000 Yukon Denali
              Shuttle SN65G2
              Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
              1GB PC800 Mem
              Radeon9200 PRO
              Seagate 120GB
              ATI Remote
              RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
              7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
              USB 2.0 Hub
              Rikaline GPS-6010
              PN11 802.11b Wireless
              XP Pro
              750W Inverter

Comment

I made a skin and I can use it! (And my mental age is like 3)
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by john1701
                  just tried mobile impact. does not resume music when you exit movie. Have to click the movie 3 times to get it full screen, 3 more times to get back to menu. Had to find ini to add delorme to gps. Now have to click click click click to use gps.

Very nice interface but too much clicking, not really driver friendly imo.

Really nice interface.
                  Thanks for the compliment. Sorry you had some difficulty with Mobile Impact.

I made it stop playing music when you go into the media player in video mode on purpose and when you come back out, you have to initiate playing music again. I wanted to have a bit more control over how the program acted.
                  regarding the visualization/movie window; actually if you click on the visualization/movie window a single time it will bring it up to full screen with the mini bar at the bottom, and then the program counts 30 seconds and brings it to full screen automatically. Unfortunately from full screen you need to click the visualization twice, once to bring it to mini bar mode and once more to bring it to file list mode; and then the home button once to get back to the main menu, I spend very little time in the main menu. You can access the GPS, N64, Imageviewer, and External Applications modules from the media player module using the small menu below the visualization/movie window.

I wouldn't recommend using the delorme GPS package, its not very good, not very touch screen friendly. I would recommend iGuidance for U.S. use and Destinator or Alturion based GPS for the U.K. Thanks for checking my program out. Maybe you can give it another try when I get the XM Module complete.
                  Mobile Impact
                  Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
                  http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Generally (and if you look at the message numbers on the posts):

- FrodoPlayer
                    - Road Runner
                    - Media Engine
                    - Media Car

(I tried out the ones that have had the most development, i.e. new versions and most support threads)

I've tried the first 3, and use FP as my favorite, but this is definately up to your personal preferences. FP supports integrated GPS, XM, FM, etc... It works fine for me (the "base" skin is not really meant to be used, so I use FriBruMet). All of these should be great frontends and all have little pluses and minuses. Just try them out and pick your favorite.
                    ----------------------
                    C134 Case
                    VIA EPIA M10000
                    FrodoPlayer
                    iGuidance + GPS
                    7" touchscreen LCD
                    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
                    - V6 216hp
                    - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
                    - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
                    - AEM slotted brakes
                    - AEM CAI

Comment

i agree with sxt try them all take your time to make,they are all good,a lot of smart people are making this front ends for us,i like centrafuse and media engine,media engine gives me the ability to here my music that is in ac3,5.1 channels thats the only one that i have been able to do this.but do your own search, and good luck.

sharing is caring
                      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Working...
                      X