Comfoolery - Download Unavailable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfoolery - Download Unavailable

All the download links I can find are dead, does anyone know where I can get a copy of comfoolery?

Chris.

I know this might not help at all, but if you are using it for G.PS, have you tried XPort2 and Compass by Curiosity: http://curioustech.home.insightbb.com/xport.html

I've been using it for a little while, it has some problems with hibernation, but otherwise its a solid app.
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Problems with hibernation? What's it doing?

Comment

curiosity ,
        Your app works great on my system NOW.
        Before, I could not get it to work at all and had to use something else.

for some reason, I redid my system and Xport with Compass both work great, even after hibernation.

I do have a question ( sorry for hijack ) : When I change the font/size in compass, it stays after a hibernation, but goes back to default any other time. The default is very hard to read.. any way to fix this ???

Don

Comment

Actually Xport2 EXCELS at hibernation, no less!
          2002 Honda CR-V
          Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
          Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
          ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by Don 944 LA
            curiosity ,
            Your app works great on my system NOW.
            Before, I could not get it to work at all and had to use something else.

for some reason, I redid my system and Xport with Compass both work great, even after hibernation.

I do have a question ( sorry for hijack ) : When I change the font/size in compass, it stays after a hibernation, but goes back to default any other time. The default is very hard to read.. any way to fix this ???

Don
            I think I fixed that about a month ago, so make sure you have the latest. I coulda swore the font was shrinking every day, but it just wasn't saving. If you do have the latest, try setting it, then close compass and reopen it. That's the only time it saves all the settings (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
              Actually Xport2 EXCELS at hibernation, no less!
              Thank you, kind sir!

Comment

Hi!

Does anyone have 'Comfoolery' software? If so, I would be really thankful if I can get it, because it is impossible to download it from anywhere. Please PM if you have it.

Thanks!
                System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                Honda delSol project
                CarDomain

Comment

I'm having problems with hibernation too.

When I come out of of hibernation, and try and click the xport icon in the sys tray, no window will come up, like the program has frozen. I do this because I now IGuidance isnt getting a lock. When I leave the xport window open, hibernate and come back out of hibernation, the window is blank, and says 'not responding'.

It doesnt do it all the time, but enough, probably about once or twice a day. The only way to cure it, is to do a reboot, then it all works well usually until the next hibernation.

Not that big of a deal, just wanted to let ya know what was going on. BTW, I'm not runnig any anti virus or spyware software.

Otherwise the program works great! Thanks!

Comment

Wow. That's what it's supposed to fix. Sort of. Ty this one:
                    http://curioustech.home.insightbb.co.../XPortTest.zip
                    I keep changing things in it. If it hangs, it should only be for about 10 seconds.

Comment

If I understand right... my USB GPS mouse uses COM9, in this case I have to use XPort to split it do from COM9 to COM10, COM11 (10 and 11 are free). After that I can test my GPS software and set GPS com port in settings to COM9, COM10 or COM11 and it has to work on all of them?

After that I can use "Com Port Redirector" and redirect COM10 or COM11 to another IP address and port (for example: 192.168.1.101 port 5000), of course I have to install "Com Port Redirector" on that computer and choose to redirect packages from port 5000 to one of the free com port (COM3 for example). And if I install gps software on that computer and I choose COM3 for example, it should do the same as COM9 in primary computer?

It this the right way to do that?

Regards!

Uros
                      System: VIA EPIA EN15000,512 MB DDRII,M2-ATX,300GB HDD,XENARC 1020TSV,VoomPC case
                      USB: Powermate,WinTV+FM,WLAN 54G,Bluetooth,Haicom GPS mouse SIRFIII
                      Software: Windows TinyXP Rev06+MinLogon+EWF+HORM+Centrafuse 1.2
                      Honda delSol project
                      CarDomain

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                        Wow. That's what it's supposed to fix. Sort of. Ty this one:
                        http://curioustech.home.insightbb.co.../XPortTest.zip
                        I keep changing things in it. If it hangs, it should only be for about 10 seconds.

I've been testing it out for the past few days, started and stoped the carPC about 15 or 20 times. So far no problems!

If I have any, I'll let ya know, but so far not even the '10 second' hang. You rock

Comment

Working...
                        X