Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume time from hibernation with EPIA M/B's

hello carputa people

I have a laptop that I use as a everyday PC..

It's pretty speedy and the thing I love most of all is Resume from hibernation seriously takes only 3 seconds.. even with large apps open eg photoshop...

But my Epia MII 1.2ghz in the car is slow as ****.. even a quicker HDD is the carputa 15-20seconds.. resume for carputa would be a godsend if it was 4 seconds like the laptop!

anyone got any ideas of speeding up the epia.

Specs,
    MII - 12000 / 256MBDDR266 / 80GB 7,200 3.5" onboard vga audigy 2zs

Pentium M 1.73ghz / 512MBDDR533 / 60GB 4,200 2.5" onboard Radeon X700 & built in Sound.

can anyone here who have same spec as my carputa post the resume from hibernation time for your system..

You can reduce the amount of ram.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I have tried using the msconfig ram limiter and tring all sort of configurations and the resume time is slow and around 10-12 seconds..

even with just 128mb of useable of ram..

I've also tried adding 512MB instead of 256.. same thing, slow when decompressing the hibernation file to ram..

I am sure it's either the cpu being bad a decoding... etc or bios disk i/o speed.

as windows as yet to load any drivers i am sure that it's to do with the quality of the chipset, I am sure the chipset Intel 925PM in my laptop.

but if anyone knows of another way, let me know..

And YES I have defrag, partitioned and many other thing have been tried to speedup the system..

Comment

i would check the Harddive and the connections of it!
        Make a speed test or some thing, DO you think the harddrive is fast when you have booted up? Its on the master jumper/cable.

Try disconnect the audigy 2zs, i have never tried that card its a real CPU consumer!
        80 GIG SATA
        512MB
        7 TFT Touch Super
        Pioner Slot in DVD-RW writer
        108 Mbit Wireless Lan
        100 M Bluetooth Range
        //Power Nisse

My Betasite -> http://haagen.se

Comment

i have the same problem but mine is the 600mhz EPIA (MII 6000E) im using 256mb and it takes about 36 seconds or more to hibernate coming out of hibernation is around 20 secs but it takes so long even if i hibernate with nothing running at all.

I would like 15sec altho i probably won't be able to with this board.

Also im curious if you made the hibernation file read only could u in theory just turn the pc off then restart it up?
          CarPC Status:
          GPS: 99%
          Hardware: 99%
          Software: 92%
          Case Install: 99.9%
          Dash Install: 100%
          Car Install: 72%

Comment

no, what you want to do is called Hibernate Once, Resume Many (HORM) which is a feature supported with the Enhanced Write Filter (EWF). Check the do a search for those two keywords for more info...
            EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
            Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
            OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
            Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
            BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
            VoomPC 2

Comment

Originally posted by toxsickcity
              I have tried using the msconfig ram limiter and tring all sort of configurations and the resume time is slow and around 10-12 seconds..

even with just 128mb of useable of ram..

I've also tried adding 512MB instead of 256.. same thing, slow when decompressing the hibernation file to ram..

I am sure it's either the cpu being bad a decoding... etc or bios disk i/o speed.

as windows as yet to load any drivers i am sure that it's to do with the quality of the chipset, I am sure the chipset Intel 925PM in my laptop.

but if anyone knows of another way, let me know..

And YES I have defrag, partitioned and many other thing have been tried to speedup the system..
              10-12 seconds including the BIOS is not slow, that sounds about right
              2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Working...
              X