IGuidance or Destinator 3??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGuidance or Destinator 3??

Sorry to bring up a topic that has prolly been beat to death. It seams these two programs are about the same. Am I missing something? They are priced about the same, and from the info I can find they look and act the same. Being that I'm unable to get a trial version, Which one works better for USA?
    Right now I'm using streets and trips 2005 which does a good job with the gps, but it has no instant rerout or turn warnings, In fact it pertty much just overlays the gps over the map, but doesn't really interface them together unless your "rerouting from cuttent location". So I'm really looking for what i have now with turn prompting and automatic rerouting....Any opinions???
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

iguidance unless you enjoy switching maps during a long route
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

iGuidance has more updated maps and gives better routing than Destinator. However, integrating it into a frontend and making it more touchscreen friendly might be a pain in the ***. I'd suggest iGuidance for USA.
      iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
      CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

I will give another vote for iGuidance. USA maps cost extra in Destinator, where they are included and based in iGuidance. iGuidance also has a nice map generator, so you dont have to create the entire US map, you can just select separate states.
        Mobile Impact
        Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
        http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Got to say IGuidance.
          Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
          http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

Another vote for iGuidance. I've used both and iGuidance has much better routing then destinator. For looks and useability, I would say destinator. But looks are not the most important with gps software. You want the software to be able to route you efficently and iGuidance is much better at this.
            Installed
            Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
            512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
            Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
            [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

iGuidance
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

IG... with the prog in my sig (which is not yet completed)
                Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

iG... with the prog manually entered below (which is not yet completed)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=109

LOL. Competition is always good

Comment

iGuidance!
                    ----------------------
                    C134 Case
                    VIA EPIA M10000
                    FrodoPlayer
                    iGuidance + GPS
                    7" touchscreen LCD
                    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
                    - V6 216hp
                    - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
                    - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
                    - AEM slotted brakes
                    - AEM CAI

Comment

Wow, thats makes my choice pretty damn easy, Only one of you even considered destinator, and even then, prefered IGuidance. Guess I'll be ordering that soon! Thanks guys for your replys.
                      It's not what you buy............It's what you build

Comment

In my setup, I don't have a touchscreen or mouse ... I will be using an infrared remote control along with girder to translate IR codes to keyboard button presses. do the programs mentioned above with iguidance allow you to use keyboard buttons?

with Destinator, you HAVE to use a mouse/touchscreen. you can't "Tab" or arrow around to the different buttons or anything..

thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by mattress
                          In my setup, I don't have a touchscreen or mouse ... I will be using an infrared remote control along with girder to translate IR codes to keyboard button presses. do the programs mentioned above with iguidance allow you to use keyboard buttons?

with Destinator, you HAVE to use a mouse/touchscreen. you can't "Tab" or arrow around to the different buttons or anything..

thanks for the help
                          I "think" you can use some function but NOT all functions with keyboard. However that is NOT the end game. Download and install iGkey by Marvin from gpspassion forum (he also post here), and you will have access to most or all functions.
                          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                          X