Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direction indicators for Iguidance please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direction indicators for Iguidance please!

I know that purdoom poeples oleel JIT and rpm just to name a few are iguidance users as are probably most of the us people.
    Ive played around with peoples dll to extract certain ascii and float values from memory out of IG ive found the mem value that links to the corrosponding turn signal bmp the mem value to the final destination is ascii and a few others.Speed Dest
    Im calling out to the programers to please find a way to intergrate ig into rr or even skinbedder a program that can pull these values off of the dll and turn them into usefull visual guides while driving. even if it were a small 50x400 box that displayed the turn info and speed and dest in the header of each page of rr so that gps did not have to be open contsantly. i think it would make it so much more functional. even more over if you skined it into rr you could make it "the gps"button making room for more real estate elsewhere. Peoples and I tried working with something like this a while back but purdoom and rpm/ boris have been releasing great alternatives but they still dont integrate IG quite like destinator. i got vb and am trying to learn and i can usually pick things up rather quick but this may take a while :-p in the meantime i can help memory sniff and beta test anything you throw at me. any takers?
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I
    [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

i guess no one else wants this better looking interfaces turn by turn directions off of the gps page?
    .______
    | '_ |__\___
    [(o)|___(o)] XB
    ._________
    | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

What I'd like is to pull this info onto a hardware module that flashes the turn indicator lamps on the dash. Not flashing the actual indicators on the outside just the tell tale. That would be cool.

Comment

I think Lostreception has a useful project, I would love to see this come to fruition.
        2002 Honda CR-V
        Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
        Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
        ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Peoples made good progress on finding out where some memory values were in the past. Myself, I would like a way to physically pull from iguidance:

- Text for next turn from the route window
          - Speed
          - Distance to destination
          - The POI database
          - Any of the text from a results window (like POI results or find by address results)

However, I don't have a good idea on how to acomplish this yet. I don't even know how people view memory at runtime.
          Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

I'm down for some testing. Granted I have to run iG in simulation mode but I can still be of some help. Unfortunately, I'm not programmer and when I tried to get information outta the memory, I didn't have much luck but I will keep track of this tread and see how it goes.

Derek
            Progress [||-------]
            View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
            Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

heres what ive found to ring true on my machine
              DEST=004BD92C
              final destination
              example: 347 ADIRONDACK RD [] ADIRONDACK, NY

Speed = 12FAB0

here are the mem values that hold the next turn instructions
              example "NORTHERN PARKWAY WEST/NEW YORK enter fwy on the left"
              NOTE these value DO NOT hold true in between setting a destination. even when setting the exact same destination its some how a rolling number
              the good news possibly is that they all end in 9 for my machine so possibly there is some sort or correlation that i cant make out as im not a programmer
              this is why im posting it here so that you might be able to get a better idea

Also the values will hold thier memory place until a new destination is placed then they are rewritten

009B7D19
              009B7CE9
              009B7CB9
              009B7C79
              009B7C29
              009B7BF9

There is also this value which may be more valueble
              example "11 mi,EXIT 37A: I-495 W/NEW YORK exit r"
              "710 ft,N COUNTRY RD/RT-25A turn left"
              009B9E12
              009B8F02
              009B8EC2
              009B8E72
              009B8E42
              009B8DD2

the the mem value displayed in this format is good only on load once the actual turn has passed the value floats to another location
              one example of the float was from 009B8F02 to 009B8EC2

any way i hope im not just running a bunch of meaningless numbers they seem to corrolate in some way ending in 9's and 2's etc
              i hope some one can make sense of it all

BTW im using Game Trainer 2.01 by ppk and also spyxx.exe from the .net framework to find the mem address that ig loads into
              if someone has free time download it and search for ascii and then post your results maybe we can be even one more step closer to a more freindly IG
              .______
              | '_ |__\___
              [(o)|___(o)] XB
              ._________
              | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
                heres what ive found to ring true on my machine
                DEST=004BD92C
                final destination
                example: 347 ADIRONDACK RD [] ADIRONDACK, NY

Speed = 12FAB0

here are the mem values that hold the next turn instructions
                example "NORTHERN PARKWAY WEST/NEW YORK enter fwy on the left"
                NOTE these value DO NOT hold true in between setting a destination. even when setting the exact same destination its some how a rolling number
                the good news possibly is that they all end in 9 for my machine so possibly there is some sort or correlation that i cant make out as im not a programmer
                this is why im posting it here so that you might be able to get a better idea

Also the values will hold thier memory place until a new destination is placed then they are rewritten

009B7D19
                009B7CE9
                009B7CB9
                009B7C79
                009B7C29
                009B7BF9

There is also this value which may be more valueble
                example "11 mi,EXIT 37A: I-495 W/NEW YORK exit r"
                "710 ft,N COUNTRY RD/RT-25A turn left"
                009B9E12
                009B8F02
                009B8EC2
                009B8E72
                009B8E42
                009B8DD2

the the mem value displayed in this format is good only on load once the actual turn has passed the value floats to another location
                one example of the float was from 009B8F02 to 009B8EC2

any way i hope im not just running a bunch of meaningless numbers they seem to corrolate in some way ending in 9's and 2's etc
                i hope some one can make sense of it all

BTW im using Game Trainer 2.01 by ppk and also spyxx.exe from the .net framework to find the mem address that ig loads into
                if someone has free time download it and search for ascii and then post your results maybe we can be even one more step closer to a more freindly IG
                Damn, thats some good research there. Ill do what I can to follow that up.
                Current projects: iGmod reloaded (Latest release) (put on hiatus indefinatly)

Unlimited Internet and gps tracking for $6 a month with boost mobile!

Carputer 2: www.lmaocar.com

Comment

For RR, all you'd need to do make a little application to get those values, format them as you want it to be displayed, andsend them to RR's skin via SDK -- There are examples of how to do that. I am just unsure how you're going to "invade" the application's memory area to pull up that info (like the trainer does).
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...7&postcount=69
                    thats is peoples memory reader
                    it works great just needs a little tweaking like adding support for a few other types of memory reads like float
                    ascii works fine
                    .______
                    | '_ |__\___
                    [(o)|___(o)] XB
                    ._________
                    | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork