No announcement yet.

Mouse 'freindly' front end ......... ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse 'freindly' front end ......... ?

Hi peeps ...... sorry if this has been discussed before, I had a look through and can't find anything !

My install does not have a touchscreen ......... neither do I have a keyboard plugged in !

I'm just using the trackball to work the car pc ......... and I'm looking for a decent front end.

Media Engine is good, however once I have some music loaded, I can't go back because the only way to go back it by pressing "esc" (am I wrong?)

Can anyone advise me of a decent front end / skin possibly ......... that I will be able to fully functionally use just with the mouse / trackball.

I only really need to MUSIC / MOVIES option too ..... as I wont be using the RADIO / GPS / PHONE / ETC functions of the front end ........

Thanks in advance !
    View the 260 Galloping Horses: [images]

Try RoadRunner.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
      Try RoadRunner.
      Yes, thanks for that ...... and I just realised I spelt friendly wrong ! lol

I downloaded it earlier on .... and I'm going to try it.

I notice that has soo many function to it! is there any skins for it that anyone knows of ... that brakes it down maybe ? just to the basics ... audio / video ! I may have to start making a skin for it my self

Thanks again .............

Comment

Originally posted by ScarFace
        Yes, thanks for that ...... and I just realised I spelt friendly wrong ! lol

I downloaded it earlier on .... and I'm going to try it.

I notice that has soo many function to it! is there any skins for it that anyone knows of ... that brakes it down maybe ? just to the basics ... audio / video ! I may have to start making a skin for it my self

Thanks again .............
        No problem. Also try Centrafuse.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I used frodo with mouse for ages. still do as my TS is iffy in some spots
          Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Originally posted by lez
            still do as my TS is iffy in some spots
            Sounds like you've got a lilliput. Right?

GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Hi peeps ...... sorry if this has been discussed before, I had a look through and can't find anything !
              WE ARE NOT MARSHMALLOW CHICKENS!!!!
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

If you want a very simple to operate program and an easy to navigate file system with large easy to read fonts, try Mobile Impact. It first and foremost relies on a mouse to operate all functions.
                Mobile Impact
                Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
                http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  WE ARE NOT MARSHMALLOW CHICKENS!!!!
                  Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    Sounds like you've got a lilliput. Right?

I have three lilliput as headrest monitors, no touch, and I bought when I first started this as a noob and paid less on ebay and got STN.........

Someone kick me.

The front is a 12 inch ibm 4820, look for my year long thread and laugh at that one.

I need an upgrade and I'm only just nearing the end of the install!
                    Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Originally posted by lez
                      I have three lilliput as headrest monitors, no touch, and I bought when I first started this as a noob and paid less on ebay and got STN.........

Someone kick me.

The front is a 12 inch ibm 4820, look for my year long thread and laugh at that one.

I need an upgrade and I'm only just nearing the end of the install!

I know about the crappy lilli touchscreen from RPM_VR4... I bet its emberassing when your touchscreen fails when you're showing off your install
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Media Engine is good, however once I have some music loaded, I can't go back because the only way to go back it by pressing "esc" (am I wrong?)
                        I think you are wrong, or you don't have the latest version, cos I use mine with just a mouse and to go back, you can click the up arrow on the bottom toolbar and then any icon fo where you want to go. The one second from the left (on the default skin at least) takes you to the media browser
                        VIA M10000
                        512Mb RAM
                        30Gb 2.5" HDD
                        Bluetooth, 802.11g, GPS
                        Silverstone USB DAC
                        Consult (ODB)
                        CarTFT K500
                        Carnetix P1290
                        NLited XP with Road Runner and MapMonkey

Comment

Working...
                        X