Matching (Volume Control/Wave/Line In) program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching (Volume Control/Wave/Line In) program

I just did a minor adjustment to Frodo's MatchVol program to make it match the line in with volume control along with the wave volume. This is very helpful when you have something like XM radio hooked into your line input. It makes your volume get extremly low, and then allows it to get to the maximum volume your soundcard allows.

Anyways, I'm just seeing if anyone wants a copy...

can someone who is using the kxproject drivers give me a help? (it is kind of on subject, so sorry to kinda-jack this)....

I have 4.1 audio selected in KX... right and left channels are linked.

If I use RR's volume on only one line (in the "weak sound card support" option of rrconfig) then whenever I change the volume through the mixer it breaks out of 4.1...

If I select ALL LINES, it kind of works but I loose the ability to control winamp volume separately from main volume...

Also, I noticed that sometimes when changing songs the volume jumps back to the volume I last set on the mixer (like if I am in the mixer screen, adjust volume, go into music player, bump the volume up, then when RR goes to the next song the volume comes back down to the previously set volume.... I can bump it up again in the player, but it keeps resetting whenever a new song goes on)...

Lastly I have not been able to get control of Bass/Treble with the RR mixer... it seems to act as a master volume (both of them)... any ideas?

Thanks much!
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
      I just did a minor adjustment to Frodo's MatchVol program to make it match the line in with volume control along with the wave volume. This is very helpful when you have something like XM radio hooked into your line input. It makes your volume get extremly low, and then allows it to get to the maximum volume your soundcard allows.

Anyways, I'm just seeing if anyone wants a copy...

I would LOVE a copy of this.. and im sure so will everyone who uses it.. can you post it on here.. or email it to me and I can post a link to it for people
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by strohj
        I would LOVE a copy of this.. and im sure so will everyone who uses it.. can you post it on here.. or email it to me and I can post a link to it for people
        Will do, I'll shoot a mass email with the 60kb program to everyone who wants it when I get back home tonight, or if someone wants to host the small file, that would be cool too .

Comment

Hook me up with it, joe at eipse dot com.. Installin my XM radio soon and this sounds great.

-arebelspy
          See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
          Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
          i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

60 kb?

jst upload it here in a zip...
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

[ATTACH]21165[/ATTACH]
              If y'all need anything else besides line in matched with the master volume, just let me know, and I will try to make it happen.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sweet thanks.

Might need a mic-in one, but we'll see..

So we just dump this in \startup, or run it one time and it changes a setting?

-arebelspy

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
                  Sweet thanks.

-arebelspy
                  put it in startup

Comment

Sweet!!
                    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
                      Sweet thanks.

-arebelspy

Yep... for the audigy NX2 we do need mic in as well... since that is the only volume control we have for line-in (for some reason...)

Comment

I found out I'm good with the Line In only for now, but I imagine some people will need the mic. How about a zip with seperate exes (linein.exe, mic.exe, linein+mic.exe, etc)?

-arebelspy

Comment

Andy, thank you! Can you see if you can get the Optical In to match as well. Im using the Audigy 2 ZS notebook.

I think it will be the same as any Audigy 2 card.
                          -Jack
                          2006 Chrysler 300C AWD
                          Samsung Galaxy Tab In dash

Comment

I'm currently working on a project that will give you enhanced control over the volume, later tonight I will post an update of the project, so y'all can see exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Woot! Thanks Andy!

-arebelspy

Comment

Working...
                              X