No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me with Windows Mobile programming?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me with Windows Mobile programming?

No one has stepped up to the plate to code a PocketPC frontend so Im trying to get the ball rolling

Just think about it: INSTANT ON!!

You would get instant on, super low power consumption, very small package with very little drawback
    The only thing lacking right now is frontend software

Does anyone want to help me create something in C# for Windows Mobile?
    I need all the help I can get because Im frankly rather clueless on how to get this done (I do know C/C++ though)
    2004 G35 Coupe project

Well, start with getting VisualStudio.NET 2005...
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Alread have it as well as the WM5 SDK
      2004 G35 Coupe project

Instant on is great, but lack of expandability is a problem. I could see it more viable if you used it as a front-end/controller for your carpc. It could replace the screen (even though it would be rather small). Some sort of client/server setup would allow the program to display options, playlists, etc and then control media playback. People have used pda's in their cars for years, but the problems are:

1. Storage
        2. Lack of cd/dvd
        3. No control of the audio quality (in terms of alternative sound outputs)

There are benefits obviously, but until they merge portable media players with pda's, I don't see them being widely accepted (among carpc hobbiests at least).

I do think making a client/server program for a pda in conjunction with a carpc is a great idea though. Maybe that would be a better route to look into?

Im not talking about using the bult in display. An external display with a touchscreen would be used

An external USB hard drive would be used for storage

I find CD/DVD useless since theres a hard drive that can store everything. I dont use one

Audio quality isnt audiophile grade but its good enough for the average joe
          2004 G35 Coupe project

I haven't messed with PDA's in depth, but how do you go about having an external display (w/ touchscreen?) and an external hard drive from a PDA?

Certain PDAs have VGA out and USB controllers
              They're just mini computers nowadays

My Axim x50v has VGA out with a $15 dollar cable and it can have USB ports through the CF slot for $150
              2004 G35 Coupe project

Where can i get cf slots for 50 bucks
                I also have x50v

Typo, meant 150

2004 G35 Coupe project