Touchscreen Not Working After Hibernation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen Not Working After Hibernation

I just installed a Panasonic Touchscreen I got from digitalww.com (armen)---

the included Worcol software wouldn't install, so I used touchkit (egalax) and its working fine now.

BUT.. When I go into hibernation, then come back out of it.... the touchscreen doesn't work.

I have to close the touchkit software, then reopen it. Is there a fix for this? ANYONE!!!!!!

maybe try a different version driver.. i dunno.
    rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

I recently had a similar problem with my new indash screen, none of the drivers would let the touchscreen work after hibernation unless i unplugged and re-plugged the USB cable. XP-SP2 didn't help either.

I ended up doing someting similar to this with the devcon utility ... monitoring the system for a power resume and then basically emulating a physical replug of the cable. Works great
      Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by VitalRyan
        I just installed a Panasonic Touchscreen I got from digitalww.com (armen)---

the included Worcol software wouldn't install, so I used touchkit (egalax) and its working fine now.

BUT.. When I go into hibernation, then come back out of it.... the touchscreen doesn't work.

I have to close the touchkit software, then reopen it. Is there a fix for this? ANYONE!!!!!!
        Is it througha hub? I have had this problem in the past. If it is through a hub try in directly into MB.
        The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
          I recently had a similar problem with my new indash screen, none of the drivers would let the touchscreen work after hibernation unless i unplugged and re-plugged the USB cable. XP-SP2 didn't help either.

I ended up doing someting similar to this with the devcon utility ... monitoring the system for a power resume and then basically emulating a physical replug of the cable. Works great
          Will try that for sure Ninja, I'll let you know tomorrow if that works... I haven't tried unplugging/plugging in the cable, only restarting the software.... so thats interesting.

Comment

I figured out the problem, just need to close and reopen TouchKit - close before hibernation, reopen after...

Ok, so I got the opening of TouchKit problem fixed, BUT, I need something that can close it before going into hibernate, any suggestions?

Comment

Download this util: http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/index.html

You will need to run devcon disable USB/vid_XXX*
              on shutdown

and devcon enable USB/vid_XXX* on resume.

You need to get the USB device name of your touchscreen first by doing a devcon status *

You will obviously need to download devcon first - do a search.

Works well!

Comment

Although unplugging/plugging in the cable works, it's not necessary, isn't there a way to automatically close the TouchKit software when going into hibernation?

I'll still try devcon, I have it installed, but I can't get any of those scripts to work, is there a way to do it without the shutdown code? Just recognize hibernate and disable the USB device, then enable when coming back?

Comment

Sure, download a killtask app (that can kill a process via a command line switch) use that hibernate trigger to run it, and then restart it.. same idea as running devcon.

-arebelspy
                  See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                  Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
                    Sure, download a killtask app (that can kill a process via a command line switch) use that hibernate trigger to run it, and then restart it.. same idea as running devcon.

-arebelspy

Thats kind of what I had in mind, just no idea how to do that, lol... Basically I need a vb script that tells the app to kill the task (touchkit).. then have hibernate trigger run that vb script when going into hibernate... Any idea what killtask software/vb script I can use?

Also, could you use a sendkeys script to just press "alt+F4" in the TouchKit window, I have no idea how this stuff works, just an idea though.

I REALLY appreciate the help guys, this project would be impossible without it.

Comment

Why's it need to be VB?

Google it man, I searched on "batch file kill task command line switch" (minus quotes) and found a bunch of options. Here's the first one for you:
                      http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions...rocessutil.htm

-arebelspy

Comment

Ok, got it all working.....

Theory - Should work

Reality - Eh, not what it needs to do

It's basically reopening Touchkit, and sometimes working, sometimes giving me a USB device malfunction error, etc... Plus touchkit pops up in front of road runner, which sucks.

So scratch the idea.... It's just not consistant, only works about half the time, AND takes about 20 seconds AFTER returning from hibernation to reload touchkit, etc.. and make it usable.

So if someone could PLEASE help me with a vbscript (I have devcon) to disable/enable after returning from hibernation. I would REALLY appreciate it...

Thanks!

Comment

Again - why a VB script? Make a batchfile to run devcon and that will solve everything.

-arebelspy

Comment

I have this same problem but with other USB devices that are plugged into a usb hub. My external USB sound card and GPS have problems where I have to unplug/plug them back in to work.. I have no room on my mobo to put them so I must use a hub..

Doesn't everyone with a USB hub that use hibernation have this problem?
                            Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
                              Again - why a VB script? Make a batchfile to run devcon and that will solve everything.

-arebelspy

No need to go into that type of programming. Just put devcon.exe in the root folder (C or in (C:\Windows) or any folder that in the path.
                              To find out the device ID, just type devcon.exe status USB* at the command prompt.

To enable the device (xxxx is the device ID).
                              Code:
                              devcon.exe enable USB\VID_xxxx*
                              save as bat file.

To disable the device.
                              Code:
                              devcon.exe disable USB\VID_xxxx*
                              save to a different bat file.

If you are using Girder, there are event trigger to run on Suspend/Hibernate and Resume. I used it and works wonder
                              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                              X