Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Install Probs, Please Help!!!

Hi all,
    have just got my EPIA MII10000 Mobo, am trying to install XP but after copying the initial setup files, when it tries to start setup the screen changes to this every time " STOP: c0000221 unknown hard error
    \SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll"

I know this copy of XP works as i have just installed it on my other system, and all went fine. the HDD i'm using come from the system i i just installed it on so i know the HDD is ok. Basically i'm changing the HDD from one mobo to another and doing a fresh install.

Any ideas???????

dunno what that error is about, but it probably isnt going to get many responses in this form...

Anyways, bad ram? bad mobo?

these are the only things that come to mind... Also, are you using a powerful PSU? power problems manifest themselves in weird ways...
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Reinstall WinXP and do a full format instead of a quick format.
      If it still craps out, lay hands on a hard drive diagnostic tool and run it. Hell, boot from the WinXP CD, go into recovery mode and run CHKDSK.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=101096&sd=RMVP

SYMPTOMS
        The following STOP message appears when a critical system file or other file needed to load Windows is corrupted:

STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error <path>\<file name>

Alternatively, the error may read as follows:

STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error c:\winnt\system32\ntdll.dll (or other specific file/driver)

This error can appear in many different formats, ranging from a blue system error screen to a dialog box. The type of format depends on how much of the operating system was loaded when the corrupted file was detected.

CAUSE
        If you receive this error message, the file listed in the error message is corrupted.

RESOLUTION
        To resolve this issue, you need to either obtain a new copy of the file or reinstall Windows. If reinstallation fails to solve the problem, a hardware or network problem may exist.

I have also had this type of thing happen with a bad cd-rom.
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
        X