Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What OS & Frontend Software Do YOU Use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What OS & Frontend Software Do YOU Use?

    What OS & Frontend Software Do YOU Use?

    Trying to guage what the most popular combinations are...

    Cheers
    Rich

  • #2
    Best thing to do is download each frontend and give them a try, everyone has different reasons for using the frontend they have chosen to use. Most people choose to use XP Pro, sometimes nlited (www.nliteos.com)

    Comment


    • #3
      Normal installation of XP Pro, Roadrunner until CF1.6

      Comment


      • #4
        Not another one of these threads....

        Why is it so important to know what everyone else uses? So you can follow the 'cool kids'? If that's the case, just assume everyone uses Drivesoft and go buy yourself a copy. You'll be like every other fool that gets a PC installed by West Coast Customs. You'll be suitable for MTV and might get a visit from Xzibit. Yay for you.

        The whole idea behind a vehicle PC is that there's not a lot of people that have them. That makes it UNIQUE and PERSONAL. Your choice of frontend should be because it meets your needs and works well with your setup.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?



        Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            dude make it a poll and a faq then the newbies will stop asking this question
            .______
            | '_ |__\___
            [(o)|___(o)] XB
            ._________
            | I__I I_I|_\__I
            [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

            LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

            GPSGasoline- Rewriting

            Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

            iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

            CarPCNetwork

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lostreception
              dude make it a poll and a faq then the newbies will stop asking this question
              Yeah right! They will always ask these questions and recently it seems most threads are like this one!

              Comment


              • #8


                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=65929
                2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                Sound Stage
                Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  Not another one of these threads....

                  Why is it so important to know what everyone else uses? So you can follow the 'cool kids'? If that's the case, just assume everyone uses Drivesoft and go buy yourself a copy. You'll be like every other fool that gets a PC installed by West Coast Customs. You'll be suitable for MTV and might get a visit from Xzibit. Yay for you.

                  The whole idea behind a vehicle PC is that there's not a lot of people that have them. That makes it UNIQUE and PERSONAL. Your choice of frontend should be because it meets your needs and works well with your setup.
                  This might be a mind blowing concept, but maybe instead of downloading, installing and testing, outdated or otherwise less functional front ends maybe he could save a ton of time and maybe try out the most recommended front ends by members, like RR or Frodo player. That's like saying all reviews of products on NewEgg.com should be banned because they don't allow people to build UNIQUE computers. And by the way the meaning of unique is "Being the only one of its kind." So you are trying to tell this member that he should build a carputer that is one of a kind? He should write his own OS and front-end? Some how I don't follow your logic. Maybe in the future you could say, that threads like this already exist or something along those lines, but I really don't see why you have to belittle a noob like that. At one point everyone was a noob and I hope you don't get your kicks by harassing someone whos shoes you were once in years ago.
                  Volvo 850 GLT

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fabiolover2002
                    This might be a mind blowing concept, but maybe instead of downloading, installing and testing, outdated or otherwise less functional front ends maybe he could save a ton of time and maybe try out the most recommended front ends by members, like RR or Frodo player. That's like saying all reviews of products on NewEgg.com should be banned because they don't allow people to build UNIQUE computers. And by the way the meaning of unique is "Being the only one of its kind." So you are trying to tell this member that he should build a carputer that is one of a kind? He should write his own OS and front-end? Some how I don't follow your logic. Maybe in the future you could say, that threads like this already exist or something along those lines, but I really don't see why you have to belittle a noob like that. At one point everyone was a noob and I hope you don't get your kicks by harassing someone whos shoes you were once in years ago.
                    Its exactly what we have done over the years ..... spent hours installing different front ends and deciding which suits best. Surely its obvious by READING the threads on here, which are the more popular frontends.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gobby
                      Its exactly what we have done over the years ..... spent hours installing different front ends and deciding which suits best. Surely its obvious by READING the threads on here, which are the more popular frontends.
                      Gobby I agree with you, that is a good way to put it. I just didn't like the way he harassed someone instead of just saying read some threads like you did.
                      Volvo 850 GLT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Why is it that posing my own questions in reposnse to someone else's and pointing out facts and a viewpoint is considered harrassment?
                        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                        How about the Wiki?



                        Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fabiolover2002
                          This might be a mind blowing concept, but maybe instead of downloading, installing and testing, outdated or otherwise less functional front ends maybe he could save a ton of time and maybe try out the most recommended front ends by members, like RR or Frodo player. That's like saying all reviews of products on NewEgg.com should be banned because they don't allow people to build UNIQUE computers. And by the way the meaning of unique is "Being the only one of its kind." So you are trying to tell this member that he should build a carputer that is one of a kind? He should write his own OS and front-end? Some how I don't follow your logic. Maybe in the future you could say, that threads like this already exist or something along those lines, but I really don't see why you have to belittle a noob like that. At one point everyone was a noob and I hope you don't get your kicks by harassing someone whos shoes you were once in years ago.
                          GO cry somewhere else n00b, ohh yeah we going to DL every single APP + OS and then spoonfeed every n00b.... ohh and the concept of unique still apply here cus even if he duplicate some else setup still have to face his own problems.

                          Thanatos.
                          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

                          Nissan Aux-in MOD


                          Originally posted by bgoodman
                          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fabiolover2002
                            At one point everyone was a noob and I hope you don't get your kicks by harassing someone whos shoes you were once in years ago.
                            WRONG.
                            Everyone was a newbie, sure. A newbie is a new person.
                            A n00b, however is the one that's too lazy to do anything for themselves and inundates people with more knowledge, experience or opinions to do their research for them.
                            I was a newbie nearly two years ago. I have never been a n00b.
                            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                            How about the Wiki?



                            Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Its exactly what we have done over the years ..... spent hours installing different front ends and deciding which suits best. Surely its obvious by READING the threads on here, which are the more popular frontends.
                              I dont understand why you whine when someone wants to learn from someone else's mistakes instead of going through them.

                              It's like if you expect for each and every person that's going to use the formula for the area of a circle to do it by trial and error then develop the formula and then see if it's the best "fit" for them instead of just learing about it and using it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X