Flash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash

Has anyone ever thought of doing a front-end in a stand-alone flash application?

Just wondering what the limitations would be with that...

i believe skinning would become a issue... for one
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Speed is another. The bigger the flash image the more CPU is required. And my poor little 500Mhz tablet hesitate in spinning logos. I'd have to get a whole new Carputer to make it useable.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

I've said this before, and I'll continue to say it again.

for good motion graphics, we need a GUI that uses a GPU, OpenGL or DIrect 3D or similar. OpenGL would be ideal as a port to linux and Mac is more possible.

I beleive MythTV uses some OpenGL, so there might be a place to start, but let sbe honest, flash is cool and all, I develope in it, but for those "cool" graphics .. like on video games, flash is all CPU.. so it sucks the big one.

The only issue I forsee is maybe "embedding" in it .. but it might be cool to try and use Tiger data or buy NAVTEQ maps and make a full bown GPS app, (not saying it's possible, or even worth it). It might be cool to lay topigraphical maps on a 3d plane and merge that with road maps and navigation in a 3d environment.

Anyway, nothing against the original poster, just throwing more than my fair share into the thread. Ok I'll get back to not practicing what I preach and work on my flash animations.
        Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Working...
        X