Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autostart Key-Press

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a way of putting a little script into a .Bat file which would perform a certain keypress combo. Like ALT+F6.

Basically I want to execute a windows config that I can run by clicking a key-combo. But Now I want it to do it automatically on bootup. But this has to happen within Windows, meaning after shell is loaded.

Anybody with a quickfix???

DAX

Maybe if you explained what it is you're trying to pull off, we can help you out further.
    Details, please.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Basically I got a Dell latitude laptop in My car. **** is that the ATi driver for my Videochip does support dual monitor but it doesn't allow for the default to be changed. This means, i need to activate a profile which makes the signal go to the additional 6inch tft.
      Profile is activated by ALT+6 e.g..
      Now I want windows to automatically press ALT+6 on startup.
      If possible without having to install a complete new programm to do that because i don't wanna ruin my boottime.

THX

PS: Have tried all (I mean all) settingsuptions in the ATI driver software...

Comment

Originally posted by daxwert
        Basically I got a Dell latitude laptop in My car. **** is that the ATi driver for my Videochip does support dual monitor but it doesn't allow for the default to be changed. This means, i need to activate a profile which makes the signal go to the additional 6inch tft.
        Profile is activated by ALT+6 e.g..
        Now I want windows to automatically press ALT+6 on startup.
        If possible without having to install a complete new programm to do that because i don't wanna ruin my boottime.

THX

PS: Have tried all (I mean all) settingsuptions in the ATI driver software...

Download Girder and try it. It has OnSuspendResume event which can send keystroke. I am not sure if it works for you.
        Or some/most front end also has similar wakeup event like Girder (Road runner, and Frodo that I know of).
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Try this but there's no way I'm sure it would work. Write a little VB script that sends out Alt+6. Makes sure it works first. Then add a timer to it and put it in the Startup folder. Other than that, try Girder like MatrixPC said.
          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Working...
          X