No announcement yet.

Standalone ecu interfaces via serial...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone ecu interfaces via serial...

I have a MegaSquirt standalone ECU in my supercharged bmw 525. There is a program called "megatune" that shows gauges and such of all sensors and signals but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in writing a front end that was purely cosmetic (cant alter settings, only read from sensors so as to not risk changing something by accident). MegaTune, which displays the readouts from these gauges also allows you to click around and accidentally change settings - I want a front end for show purposes.

Here is an example of the software already in place:

I guess this is sort of proprietary - but was wondering if any one is interested? I don't have the programming skill!

This does look interesting and the source code is available for MegaTune. Id have to sink my head in C (I wish) for weeks to figure it out.

Would you need MegaTune running at the same time?
    Any idea on screen resolution?
    Any idea on layout?

Presumably youd have the latest M5 dash but it could be skinable!
    Even a demo mode.

Good choice in engine management.
    Epia 800 dual boot...
    Nlited XP & WinAMP
    DOS & MPXPlay

Comment

I have been posting about megatune for awhile, I would LOVE a graphic frontend for it.

skinability is a must! I'd love to be able to choose my gauge faces.... all the data is there, as you said it's just some C programming. Argh I wish I knew how!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinister
        I have been posting about megatune for awhile, I would LOVE a graphic frontend for it.

skinability is a must! I'd love to be able to choose my gauge faces.... all the data is there, as you said it's just some C programming. Argh I wish I knew how!

I am not sure if you would need MS running or not, I mean the MS software just polls the sensors via the CPU in the ECU which interfaces via serial, so perhaps you could just somehow write an app that will find the addresses for the sensors? I am not sure. I'd like to keep from running MS in the background because I don't want something to get changed "accidentally". Accidental changes of settings don't go over well on supercharged bmw motors.

Comment

I'm currently looking throu the source code for MegaTuneSS and EasyTherm. Both are in VB so I stand a chance of understanding. I've already got some gauges in action as I intended this to be a future project but no MS yet to try it on. I'll keep y'all up to date.
          Epia 800 dual boot...
          Nlited XP & WinAMP
          DOS & MPXPlay

Comment

The screen you have shown here is monitoring only, but you're saying the Megasquirt will alter settings without your tuned map loaded?? Do you have a wideband to verify that?

Comment

Working...
            X