new guy here, winamp or windows media player or others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy here, winamp or windows media player or others

i have a 233mhz fujisui tablet with windows 98se, my problem is i could load 400 mp3s from the internal hard drive without a problem. but now i have an external usb, (slower over usb1.1) hard drive, winamp stalls when loading my 800 track play list. i want to go bigger in the future. right now the tablet only has 64mb of ram. i dont know maybe i should try an older version of winamp, but then none of the wma files will play cutting my songs down by a lot. so im thinking about trying windows media player. i just want something simple that will search mp3s, and hold a rather large play list.
    Attached Files
    infiniti j30
    7 cubic foot wall with 100sq of port
    15 inch eclipse ti pro 4hp
    four concept 2400a amps
    indash touch screen car computer
    rolling on dubs

Windows Media Player tends to be very resource intensive and may not do very well on older hardware. There are plenty of other good media players out there:
    Wplay, MusicMatch, J.River Media Jukebox, Sonic, C-4, Xaudio, Breathe, Nad, MPFree, Soritong, KJofol, Digideck, Yo!MPEG, AudioActive, Virtuosa, VTT, SCMPX, Soundream, UnReal, Jet-Audio, Philips MPEGPLAYER, WinPlay3, museARC, Maplay, freeAMP, Resonate, NovaStation, UltraPlayer, EarJam, WisMP3, etc. etc. etc.

Here is a web page that has links to all of these:
    http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/MPEG-audio-player.html

Good Luck!
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
    http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

actually i installed windows media player 9 and its been working great all day. i thought it was going to kill my little 233mhz tablets recources but it runs just as smooth as on my home computer. very strange. also the play list loads perfectly and it does all i want it to do. im very suppries and happy. i only wish that the switch songs button was a little bigger.
      infiniti j30
      four concept 2400a amps
      rolling on dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Matthewo
        actually i installed windows media player 9 and its been working great all day. i thought it was going to kill my little 233mhz tablets recources but it runs just as smooth as on my home computer. very strange. also the play list loads perfectly and it does all i want it to do. im very suppries and happy. i only wish that the switch songs button was a little bigger.
        Make a skin for it
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

what is that app running on the right side of your screen?
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

thats not an app, thats just controls for the computer.
            infiniti j30
            four concept 2400a amps
            rolling on dubs

Comment

Working...
            X