Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhoneControls.NET and Nokia 6680

Hi all, this is my first post.
    I have a Nokia 6680 mobile phone and i'm interested to connect it with PhoneControls.NET that i have in my carputer.
    I read around that is so hard.....there is a way to do that? I basically need to make calls and receive calls....SMS are not too important.

Please....help me.

Thanks in advance.

Bye bye
    Software [|||||||||-]
    My Own RR Skin [|||-------]

8" LCD TS 1024 x 768 - Epia M10000 - M2 ATX - 512 Mb - 40 Gb - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor - Sitecom BT Dongle - GPS BT-77
    RoadRunner - Destinator 6 - Waiting for RRMobile

search

Comment

i've searched, but not find what i'm looking for......
      Software [|||||||||-]

8" LCD TS 1024 x 768 - Epia M10000 - M2 ATX - 512 Mb - 40 Gb - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Video Editor - Sitecom BT Dongle - GPS BT-77

Comment

i've got a 6680 and you're right there isn't much specific to that phone but if you download phoco and get started then any problems that come up can usually be solved by searching specificlly for those problems.

bear in mind that i have the phone connecting to phoco and i can dial out and accept calls but i have yet to get the sound transferred onto my pc, that is the current issue i'm trying to sort out
        My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

if you go into phoco.net and go to the forums, there is a symbian section that is dedicated to these phones. I've been working on getting my 6682 working as well.

But I will give you a hint, with your phone, your going to have to disable symbian support in phonecontrol.
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

I'm trying to connect (via bluetooth) my Nokia 6680 with PhoCo. This is the problem: bluetooth driver creates 2 COM ports: COM4 & COM5. When I run the wizard of PhoCo, he found the port COM3 and when i run PhoCo, the system reboot automatically.

How can I solve the problem?
            Software [|||||||||-]

Comment

how far have you got jcdillin?

i can call out and receive calls, i think it also sends messages, i've exported my phonebook using pbConverter and thats working.

the only thing which doesn;t currently work is the sound on the PC

as far as me or further?

Comment

I'm so far from you, i'm at the starting point....phoco don't want to recognize the right COM port!!!!

I'm downloading right now the lastest Bluetooth driver (v. 5.0.1.1200), I hope that can solve the problem

Can you tell me ho you worked? From the beginning

Thanks
                Software [|||||||||-]

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBeast
                  how far have you got jcdillin?

i can call out and receive calls, i think it also sends messages, i've exported my phonebook using pbConverter and thats working.

the only thing which doesn;t currently work is the sound on the PC

as far as me or further?

Right now i'm at the same place as you, i'm just making sure this is working perfect before I move onto the sound issue.

Still working on getting the latest widcomm drivers first.
                  肚子笑痛了
                  S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by teo256
                    I'm so far from you, i'm at the starting point....phoco don't want to recognize the right COM port!!!!

I'm downloading right now the lastest Bluetooth driver (v. 5.0.1.1200), I hope that can solve the problem

Can you tell me ho you worked? From the beginning

Thanks
                    Well first things first, you need to finish the wizard before anything else.
                    肚子笑痛了
                    S60 Install

Comment

i couldn't get hold of the widcomm 5.0.1.1200 drivers
                      whenever i found a link it just downloaded the .800 ones

jc - ok cool. let me know if you find out anything or progress at all

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
                        Well first things first, you need to finish the wizard before anything else.
                        Have I ho install and use mRouter??
                        Software [|||||||||-]

Comment

mRouter won't work with the 6680

you need to use the extended configurator
                          go to Symbian OS section and find the bit that says
                          'IsSymbian' change it to false

that is one thing that you need to do, how i got to the stage i'm at was a lot of trial and error, so i can't just reel off a list of task for you to complete and get a working setup

Comment

i've made this set, but not solved the problem
                            The problem is with the COM port. How do I have to set it in the bluetooth manager?
                            Software [|||||||||-]

Comment

it should create a new serial port when you pair the phone with the computer
                              肚子笑痛了
                              S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                              X