Sync programs, which one??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sync programs, which one??

I can't find much information on synch programs and I've been wondering which is the best for keeping certain directories in my carputer up to date with the same directory on my carputer. My main use will be my music library. While mostly it'll be up to date, if I add new ablums on my desktop, I'd like to be able to update my music folder on my carputer without having to copy the files manually over the network. I've had several people mention different programs:
    SyncToy, EZSync, Allway Sync, GoodSync, there are so many! I want whatever one works the fastest as I'll be working with large directories (approx. 40gigs) and don't want it to take an hour everytime I sync.

Any suggestions?

ViseVersa

I had the same problem, and I use ViseVersa to sync my music up.
    It compares the target and source and only copies the differences so
    it makes it fast. It also includes a scheduler so you can run it at certain times
    or manually when you need it.

The only thing about it is that its not free.
    I think that its like $50 [but a serial isnt hard to find for it].

The url is http://www.tgrmn.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaze
      I can't find much information on synch programs and I've been wondering which is the best for keeping certain directories in my carputer up to date with the same directory on my carputer. My main use will be my music library. While mostly it'll be up to date, if I add new ablums on my desktop, I'd like to be able to update my music folder on my carputer without having to copy the files manually over the network. I've had several people mention different programs:
      SyncToy, EZSync, Allway Sync, GoodSync, there are so many! I want whatever one works the fastest as I'll be working with large directories (approx. 40gigs) and don't want it to take an hour everytime I sync.

Any suggestions?

dude did you actually even try any of them? most dont sync the whole entire directory unless you have it specified to. Usually it just updates whatever files have changed since.
      Sell me your stuff.. please see what i'm looking to buy
      http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75182

Comment

ezsync works good for me
        95 Mazda Protege LX
        Worklog
        Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
        [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
        [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment