Developers look here, Vehicle Shell for XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developers look here, Vehicle Shell for XP

Hey guys, me and a team are developing a shell for windows XP, whih allows XP to load only our Vehcile management software, which has skinable interfacem GPS navigation, Audio and visual entertainment, OBD-II management, all loads in less then 6seconds on 800 mhz Car PC. We are looking for a developer to work on GPS navigation code, you can enquire interest to bikola_p(at)hotmail.com we should be finished in a matter of weeks, the final product will be sold and offcourse you will get money. This new system will rip Streetdeck to bits.

Sneak peak screenshots?
    We are, will have and forever will be...
    But not tommorrow!

Comment

This image , is of the frontend the team quickly made to make the shell look nice and usable, it can all be customized, from button transparency to background colour, and car badge, in this sample, the software would be running on a porshe.

This is the frontend when user touches menu item. This colour again is customizable, all the software behind the menu items is 100% written by us, hence looking for someone to write code for GPS. I like the idea of using google earth for maps, like goops.

Comment

have a site?
        2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

i'm assuming gps would tell you if the two of you are traveling the same course? Is there a constant bluetooth connection?.....if so 100 meters out and its a deadline. I hope this would base the winner off of GPS and not speedometer calculations.....as my speedometer is 3mph off. This definatly seems like vaporware.

Also......making your software a "windows shell" does not give it an edge in the market, as any application can be set as the shell.

Comment

No currently no site, as project has no real name at this stage. And no wont be based on gps, you gettting the idea wrong, its not like a race here, rather just transmitting to one another the time it takes for accelerating 0-100km/h. That way your car would store the times of cars faster then yours ie:
            Jamies Mazda RX8: 0:13:28
            Ahmeds Subaru Impreza WRX STi 0:09:12
            etc
            Now i can later in the future race Jamies or Ahmeds Times, without them being there. Simply by just collecting there times once of via Bluetooth.
            Now we dont want to make it like a game , however we are also implementing our own Street Cred System, where this data would also get transfered via Bluetooth. The System works by either other cars equiped with this software rating your car, or simply by beating other vehicle times.
            Thats all i can say, no more, there are many things better then those ffeatures i mentioned above which we will include in the software, however, please email me interest in the project. bikola_p(at)hotmail,com

Comment

it seems like a great concept but in reality it would really only work with small groups of friends (and easily hackable, just change the documents that record your best time)

also, you would need to have a large userbase... i live in a pretty well off community and not a single person has put a screen in thier car, let alone a computer. the chances you would find someone to race who also has it is rare to say the least.
              2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Hey, thx for the reply, i guess you may be right, however we can hide the timing factor somewhere in regestry. Ok secondly, it isnt limited to people you can drive along side with. You can share and race people on online communities such as mp3car, or vwvortex , or evoforums etc, which can upload a .gts format file we incorporated, that simply adds them to your database. So you can compare what your car can do against your online mates and viceversa.

Comment

Working...
                X