x360 software on normal computer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x360 software on normal computer?

if you had sufficient hardware, could you put 360 software on a normal computer in dual boot? does the 360 use bios or efi or something else?
    - My ride - MySpace -

If you're talking about the XBox 360, no it will nto run on a PC.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

hmm ok just thought that maybe could save space in the boot install.
      - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

It runs on IBM Power PC based processors or rather 3 cores. The software/OS isn't all that great for media although the new dashboard uprade fixed some problems, but it still requires the use of media center extender.

If I wanted to use a console I would use a modded Xbox.

Comment

ok thanks.

but in theory, if i had enough money for like a quad core g5 powerpc powermac, could i run the 360 software in dual boot?

meh, the laptop and the console in the boot will have to do for now anyway.
          - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

I would say no. I'm sure MS went thru great measure to make sure you cannot use their software on foreign hardware. There still isn't an emulator out that will run anything of use for the original xbox... and it's just plain ol' intel...
            Tidder

Try RevFE
            The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

ok thanks.
              - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

Originally posted by S2K12
                ok thanks.

but in theory, if i had enough money for like a quad core g5 powerpc powermac, could i run the 360 software in dual boot?

meh, the laptop and the console in the boot will have to do for now anyway.
                No will powerPC based the mac procs aren't pure PowerPC and I'm not sure on the 360. IBM has various implementations of PowerPC tech for various processors.

Comment

Originally posted by S2K12
                  No...

The first few months of development was done on the G5's, but the OS eventually got to the point that it was smart enough to know what it was booting on. After that, dev continued through optimization which is where the OS became "tightly coupled" to the 360 hardware.
                  :: Mark

Comment

ok thanks.
                    - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

Working...
                    X