Anyone Tried Stereo->pc->amps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Tried Stereo->pc->amps?

I came up with an idea on my way over here, how about letting the car stereo's outputs go into the pc's inputs, and pc outbputs to the amps?

there would be no need for fm modulators, and it works without aux in-stereos aswell...

and if you are lucky enough to have dual rca outputs, and a soundcard with both mic and line in, wouldnt that be just goodie too?

(all speakers must be amped, but hey, that can be arranged huh? )
    -
    My cars
    -

I originally considered it, but it means you have to have your PC turned on to listen to your stereo. Unless you have a relay which buy passes the PC when it's off, and if you do that you might as well have a relay which selects either the PC or the stereo.

Rob
    And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
    www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
    Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

My FV24 will pass the sound through when it's off... it's wierd.
      www.arbybean.com

Comment

hey, i posted in the wrong section...so thats why i didn't find it again
        -
        My cars
        -

Comment

But wouldn't your audio out from your headunit be better quality than the audio out from your comp, i guess it depends on your soundcard and headunit.

Mav,

Comment

Jol,

that's a very nice idea, if you are using an amplifier in your setup!

Comment

Working...
            X