DOS problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOS problems

I installed msdos 6.22 from the install disks. I am trying to get a copy of the playlist onto my laptop so I can print out a listing of the songs (in order) on the car mp3 player. The problem is that 6.22 is showing filenames in a strange format with underscores instead of tildas. I don' t think the two are intercompatible. Anyone know how to install the newer dos's on a hard drive?

Another thing, is there any dos software that is like a virtual desktop? I don't have a screen and would like to control it with the laptop (debugging reasons) and transfer files (I am on an ntfs partition too).

Re: DOS problems

tildas/underscores its all the same anyway - regardless DOS aint gonna get you the full long filename. IF you really want the tildas, pipe the direcotory listing to a text file and do a search/replace on the underscores..?

for remote control you could try an early version of PC-Anywhere maybe? I havent had too much experence with it.... but I think early versions would let you do that with DOS....
    Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Only problem is the format of the names is slightly differint (I will just see if winamp will recognize them.

Comment

Try out drdos. (drdos.org) It's free, has networking, and has a long file name driver. It's faster than MS DOS too.
        Don't Click

Comment

Working...
        X