DesktopX reskin XP for carpc instead of frontend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesktopX reskin XP for carpc instead of frontend

I saw a post on DesktopX from almost 2 years ago and looked into it. I wanted just a minimalistic frontend, just DVD, MP3, and GPS. I based my reskin off of MC2.0. See the pics... 800x600 res. Side buttons all have mouseover states and change background color depending on what button is pressed. For example, press stop, stop turns red to show it is activated and play turn blue to show an 'interlock'. Anybody else running DesktopX? I would like to see what others have done with it.

I like it!!

Care to share?

Cheers,

John

Comment

i actually really like that idea. Props

Comment

I have been running Desktop X and WindowBlinds on my laptop for quite some time now.
        I am in the process of putting together my CarPC right now, and I am going to use Desktop X and Windowblinds as my "Front End".

All of the frontends here at mp3car.com seem really neat, but it sure seems like a whole lot of configuring and customizing is needed for them, and that it is difficult/complex to do as well.

Are you going to upload your "skin" at wincustomize.com to share?
        I'd definitely like to give it a try!
        I hope to get my system finalized over the long 4th of July weekend, and I'll post pictures of mine also.

Comment

I'll share it. Pretty easy to figure out when you see the objects. I found the people at wincustomize.com to be a bunch of jerks. No one would help me when I couldn't figure out what I needed to do. Needless to say, I figured it out. If you want a copy of it, just email me. The skin itself is like 1200KB and the font is Burton's nightmare 2000...I'll send em both.
          The mp3 player is configured to use Media Player 10. PL is your playlist files...tried to make it as easy as possible to use. Only the WEB button is setup to work. GPS is going to be Streets and Trips 2005 and DVD was going to be winDVD...also easy to set up with a right click-properties-prog path.

Comment

if you want me to host it for you, let me know.
            Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

TJ!2K4 has hosted the skin for me. PM me for the link or if TJ!2K4 wants to post the link here...I'll leave that decision up to him since it is his bandwidth.
              If anyone is building a desktop x skin and needs some help, let me know. I'll help as my time permits.

Comment

Download here
                Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

whats up???

Comment

How much system memory does Desktop X use? If very little, It would be a great combo with TinyXP OS! Like the beast edition.

Comment

Working...
                    X