Long file name problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long file name problems

I am trying to use DOSLFN with DR DOS 7.03. It will not work. I am copying files from a cd with the copy command and in the long name column, it shows the short name. How do I fix this?

Are you using FAT16 or FAT32? The LFN driver only works with FAT16.
    Don't Click

Comment

It is FAT16

Comment

Orignially from the LFNDOS Readme

Also, LFNDOS will NOT work on any drive which doesn't permit direct disk access, such as CD-ROM drives and most network connections.
        Can you see long file names in your c drive?
        Don't Click

Comment

I can see them if they are copied from another hard drive, but in the process of writing to a cd, then copying to the harddrive, the long names are lost.

Comment

sounds more like who ever wrote that CD uses oldskool style if u know what i mean.
            Take a look at the cd and u will prolly see the file names are also in short name format... Anyway i think its got to do with the way they wrote that CD.
            abcd-1
            Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
            You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

nope, on the cd they are in a iso9660 format and in long filenames. The problem occurs in the copying to the haddrive fromt he cd. The LFN's are lost.

Comment

ISO9660 does not support long file names.
                Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Then what format should I burn it in (although with iso9660 it has long files names in windows)? I have the options of ASCII, DOS and IS06990. I am using Nero.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alexchannell
                    Then what format should I burn it in (although with iso9660 it has long files names in windows)? I have the options of ASCII, DOS and IS06990. I am using Nero.
                    Thanks.
                    joliet

Rob
                    Old Systems retired due to new car
                    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

I have had that turned on the whole time.

Comment

Does this not provide a clue?

"Also, LFNDOS will NOT work on any drive which doesn't permit direct disk access, such as CD-ROM drives and most network connections."

From a message above.

Rob
                        Old Systems retired due to new car
                        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Working...
                        X