(idea) integrated front end in OS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (idea) integrated front end in OS

It has been a while sinds tinyxp has been released. So i thought, what about a tinyxp designed for a carputer front end. So The beginners won't have as much troubles to install their carputer.

For example i'm thinking of road runner integrated in the tinxp iso.
    Drivers of common used carputer hardware.
    performance tweaks to speed up and save power.

I'm not the big expert on the front ends and windows xp but a little from everyone here we could create a nice and fast install for everybody.

Sounds like a great plan, even including the drivers for epia boards, holux, rikaline, BU model and Garmin GPS devices.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

don't forget Holux driver too

oh, and you'll probably need LAN, wifi & bluetooth too.

Best plan is to get the front end developers to list all known dependancies for a starter

For me, having the OS & frontend combined on one CD is the only way the likes of Streetdeck & Fluxmedia can make a completely fool proof installation for non-techy peeps.
      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

too many people have completely different hardware... tinyxp is stripped down and it needs some work to get it to work perfectly for the hardware you have...

people complain that XP is bulky.. but its only bulky to make it work for as much hardware as possible..
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

why can't the install CD contain driver for all hardware, but only install those needed?

XP seems bloated as it install loads of un-necessary drivers to make plug and play easier.
          My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
          NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

i was trying to say that its not a "pop in the cd and forget about it" process.. its practically just as much work as installing your OS and then installing your frontend of choice...
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Working...
            X