jump to winamp plugin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jump to winamp plugin?

I have had my mp3 player going in my car for almost a year now.. Using an Intel 233, 32mb ram, win 98 se.
    I was using a num pad with the jump to plug-in to control the tracks. About a week ago my 2 gig Maxtor hd finally died and I went out and got a brand new western digital 40 giger. Iíve got just about everything up and running but I downloaded the jump to plug-in again and now it takes about 2 min to jump to tracks near the end of my playlist, where before it was instant whatís going on ? Is there a new version that even worse or takes more resources? Anyway if someone could please email me the old plug-in [email protected] it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

or if there is a good alternative to control winamp with the num pad that would be good too, just Iíve already learned all the jump to controls already ..

the moral of this story is back everything up

I have two ideas for what might be going wrong:

1.) winamp is trying to read the ID3 info and track length for the songs that are in your playlist there by bogging things down a bit.

2.) darn.. there was a 2 but i think i forgot it :/

solutions:

1.) set winamp to not read the track info

2.) [email protected]#! grr..
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

use the plugin on this page

much better written

Comment

Working...
      X