ImpeeAmp Sourcecode Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpeeAmp Sourcecode Released

I've released my sourcecode and a compiled binary for ImpeeAmp on my site. See www.dynamoeffects.com/impee3/newpics.html for screenshots. I've been getting a lot of questions about how I did it, so now you can see for yourself how it's done.
    (Flash and VB)

The links to download it are on the front page in my news section.

Be sure to read the "README_NOW.TXT" document too. It should answer most questions.
    Don't Click

Looks like a nice peice of software, but I installed it and got this message:

Project 1:
    Run time error 9:
    Subscript out of range

WinXP machine

Comment

Check out the readme_now.txt file. You get that error if it can't find any MP3s at the location specified in config.ini.
      Don't Click

Comment

very supprised you released your code so soon Gutter. U have obviously spent a heap of time on it (as have I) and thought you might have held onto the source for a little while yet....

maybe its just me, but I am a bit protective of the 'total' of my work. I will gladly help out anyone with programming questions I can answer with code snippets etc (as you have very kindly done for me with the VB-Flash stuff) but I am a bit reluctant to hand out my entire 'compile-and-run' source.....

good onya tho, just shows that maybe you arent as possessive over your work as I am!!
        Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Believe me, it was a little hard to just throw it out there, but I asked myself these three questions:

1. How revolutionary is my code? For instance, is it something that could easily be duplicated by someone that knows VB?

Yes.

2. Do I stand to gain anything by retaining the code?

No.

3. Do I stand to lose anything by not retaining the code?

No.

Simply put, I figured I could help more people out and do more good by releasing it than having it sit on my hard drive. I'm sure someone will change the look, remove some comments, and call it their own, but big deal. I learned VB through open sourced applications, so it's hard to turn around and not do the same.
          Don't Click

Comment

good points, but still its your hard work and sweat (and possibly banging on the keyboard when source code didnt work!)

at least its good Karma for you, if you believe in that sorta thing!
            Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Thanks dude. As a vb coder myself, I appreciate you looking at it for us to have a look..
              Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
              http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
                Simply put, I figured I could help more people out and do more good by releasing it than having it sit on my hard drive. I'm sure someone will change the look, remove some comments, and call it their own, but big deal. I learned VB through open sourced applications, so it's hard to turn around and not do the same.
                Gutter

Downloaded it last night to have a play and a look (my 5.4" screen arrived yesterday - w00t!), and your work is fantastic!

I've been looking around for a seamless method to control my upcoming system, and yours is the best I've seen so far.

As you guessed, I'm planning a 're-skin' using yours as a working concept, and as a refresher in programming/coding for myself, in part because I require a couple of additional functions, and also as my hardware will be slightly different (most notably FM tuner card - I have no ISA slot) - screenshots will be forthcoming.

Credit where it's due - thanks for helping me define direction, and giving me a great starting point

C!
                http://carpc.riposte.net
                I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Glad you like the software. Flash frontends definately make the best of your LCD.

Creating a new skin is going to be the most difficult. There are so many movie and button actions and they're not all on frame 1, you're gonna have a fun time trying to recreate those. Let me know how it goes. I'd like to see the finished work.
                  Don't Click

Comment

Glad you like the software. Flash frontends definately make the best of your LCD.
                    Absolutely - especially when running a composite connection.

Creating a new skin is going to be the most difficult. There are so many movie and button actions and they're not all on frame 1, you're gonna have a fun time trying to recreate those. Let me know how it goes. I'd like to see the finished work.
                    Absolutely - but I have to start somewhere! I figure I need to sit down once I have all the hardware together and figure out what I need to do to control it all, and then start with a blank page, using your bits as a reference and a cheat sheet.

Happy to show it off when it's done... but don't hold your breath -- I think it's going to take a while

C!
                    http://carpc.riposte.net
                    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Thanks!

I have a Durango, with a pretty stealthy setup with a 10.4" LCD. I am getting closer to completing the install...was almost done until my Touch Screen Controller decided to die.

I will use you rsoftware as a base for mine....I will need touch control obviosly, still have my factory infinity sound system so I do not need the fm radio thing.., but will add some more features....this should give me a great start!

Thanks a lot for your help...and when I get it all done, photos and a websiute will be done on it...I will definately thank you on the site as well

Thanks a lot!
                      Nathan

Comment

Working...
                      X