Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a good winamp skin with big buttons

Hi
    I have always been using WMP for my main computer, and I am also using WMP for my carpc. However, it is a bit difficult to operate WMP in the car environment since WMP has very small buttons. I could not find a good WMP skin with fairly large buttons. Now I am thinking maybe I should try using Winamp in my car. After a bit of searching, I still cannot find the perfect skin to use for winamp. I am curious. For those who use winamp in their carpc, what skin are you using?

I think most of us running winamp are using a front end program like roadrunner to control it.
    ~ Joel

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
      Hi
      I have always been using WMP for my main computer, and I am also using WMP for my carpc. However, it is a bit difficult to operate WMP in the car environment since WMP has very small buttons. I could not find a good WMP skin with fairly large buttons. Now I am thinking maybe I should try using Winamp in my car. After a bit of searching, I still cannot find the perfect skin to use for winamp. I am curious. For those who use winamp in their carpc, what skin are you using?
      Try hitting ctrl+D. It will double the size of the buttons.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

If you run the 'modern skin' your able to scale the window to the full screen. Go to preferences > Skins > Modern > 'Link all windows in all skins' (change that slider to make it bigger)
        2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Winamp Triton Skin

I have been looking for the same thing for a while now. The best winamp skin for button size so far is the TRITON winamp skin. Bare hand use is perfect but with gloves on certain button area is still on the low side. If they would have made all the buttons the same size as the PLAY/PAUSE button of this skin, this would have been the perfect winamp skin.

I am using a 7" lliput touch screen

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
            Try hitting ctrl+D. It will double the size of the buttons.

Michael
            This actually makes it look really nice.... Great tip!
            Carputer Progress
            [||||||||||] 100%
            Finally Installed!!
            Everything is in the car and working.
            I painted the cilpboard mount and it looks good.
            Shutdown/Startup is working excellent!
            View My Progress Here

Comment

Probally because its cold?
              Carputer Progress
              [||||||||||] 100%
              Finally Installed!!
              Everything is in the car and working.
              I painted the cilpboard mount and it looks good.
              Shutdown/Startup is working excellent!
              View My Progress Here

Comment

Hi
                Searching for that huge winamp button skin that does not exist lead me to design the winamp skin myself. I am using a 7" touch screen. This WAL displays title, album, group permanently without using the playlist. Volume is not installed but for that I use my car amplifier.

http://www.geocities.com/apostasic/c...in/hkcarts.zip

Download and nename the extension from ZIP to WAL. For some geocities does not allow WAL extension.

.... And for "Enforcer"'s benefit, in winter when it is -20 you have gloves on your hands not too mention people using driving gloves for high speed driving, can't believe I have to explain that ....

Comment

Hi
                  Searching for something that does not exist lead me to design the winamp skin myself. I am using a 7" touch screen. This WAL displays title, album, group permanently without the use of the playlist. Volume is not installed but for that I use my car amplifier.

http://www.geocities.com/apostasic/c...in/hkcarts.zip

Download and nename the extension from ZIP to WAL. For some geocities does not allow WAL extension.

.... And for "Enforcer"'s benifit, in winter when it is -20 you have gloves on your hands not too mention people using driving gloves for high speed driving, can't beleive I have to explain that ....

Comment

He he good one...

He he good one, I can't remove the gloves because they are duck-taped to my redneck hands.....

Comment

I searched for this and found one skin which I probably won't use myself, but I figured it would probably work for someone.

It's the Ananuki skin in Party mode.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You should use frontend like Road Runner.
                        It uses Winamp as core and you can use different skin with nice and big buttons.
                        ------------------------------

98 Honda civic
                        In-Dash LCD Monitor K-301
                        cappuccino EZ3
                        PIII-1.2GHZ
                        256MB PC133
                        40GB HD
                        Holux GR 213 Sirf Star III GPS
                        IguidanceV2
                        CNX-P1900 power supply
                        Sound Blaster Live USB

Comment