Hi All! Have a calculator...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All! Have a calculator...

I've been watching the forums from a bomb shelter below sea level until I've finally finished my car PC. It's done, and I'm just now starting to make some crappy apps for it. Here have one:

No warranty - Requires .net 2.0 - Writtin in VBE

Few things: 1) Double-click CLEAR to EXIT 2) Sounds are changable but plug your ears before you click OK (one head on shoulder, left finger in ear) because some weird ***** (oops) happens and I don't know how to explain it. I'd take them out, but I already paid dollar amounts for them... so they stay.

http://www.hxsystems.com/mp3car/calculator.zip

Nice. Tried it with Roadrunner or anything?
    MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
    Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

I havn't tried using it with any front-ends. Probably will this weekend when I get more time.

Comment

Very nice! But it needs the ability to calculate mileage...
        Perhaps it could store (to a flat file) the previous odo reading and recall it when you next type in the # of gallons...

(I've been considering writing this program for a while, but since your app is so far along, it might be easier as an add-on... GUI is 75% of the battle...)
        http://www.jeepmp3.com/
        CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
        Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by PatO View Post
          Perhaps it could store (to a flat file) the previous odo reading and recall it when you next type in the # of gallons...

(I've been considering writing this program for a while, but since your app is so far along, it might be easier as an add-on... GUI is 75% of the battle...)
          I actually did something in Access that does this... kinda crude, but it works!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	2259561

Comment

I'll work on getting that in there... oddly enough, I never once thought about that.

Comment

Originally posted by barnyard View Post
              I actually did something in Access that does this... kinda crude, but it works!
              Very cool! (the database part might be overkill, but cool nonetheless)
              Don't forget to add an OutOfSync button in case you forgot one fill!

Comment

whats the point of the price of gasoline? does that track by GPS locaiton as well? if not, I don't see how that could be usefull
                PC Components:
                Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples View Post
                  whats the point of the price of gasoline? does that track by GPS locaiton as well? if not, I don't see how that could be usefull
                  Maybe not, but I figured it's easy enough to add the field, and maybe later I can come up with a use for it, or remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by barnyard View Post
                    Maybe not, but I figured it's easy enough to add the field, and maybe later I can come up with a use for it, or remove it.
                    Encourages you to buy a more fuel efficient vehicle!

Comment

Encourages you to buy a more fuel efficient vehicle!
                      LOL! What's the fun in that?

BTW, FapFap, sorry about hijacking your thread, it wasn't intentional!

Comment

Working...
                      X