NEW Video Capture with GPS OSD Overlay Data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Video Capture with GPS OSD Overlay Data

I have developed a working prototype of a Video Capture program which has on-screen overlays of Time / Date and GPS data.

At the moment it shows the time & Date in the top left hand corner of the screen and over on the top right corner it has GPS Speed. So when you are driving, not only are you capturing whats happening infront of you, its also recording your current speed.

Now the question is, is there any other data from a GPS device which would be useful to have recorded at the same time as the Video?

There is already an option to output a text based file which has ALL the GPS data extracted anyway, its just if it is worth recording some additional data on the video without it being to cluttered.

Oh, plus there is a instant snap-shop feature !

All files are time and date stamped for example -

Logfile - 08102006 - 00.29.27.txt
    SnapShot - 08102006 - 00.29.22.jpg
    CarVideo - 08102006 - 00.15.30.mpg

Many thanks,

Steve
    System - Epia SP13000 for Main PC, Holux GR-213 USB GPS Receiver SiRF Star III, 2.4Ghz Uplink with VNC and Custom designed USB Intelligent SDC (In DEV). All fed to a Sony CDX-F7500 Headunit via USB. www.wrx-carpc.co.uk

Where´s the link....want to download and test your proggy

Comment

That´s great...
      That is exactly what i´m locking for.

The idea was to make a video like the the german police:

Please release this tool !!!

br Peer

Comment

Yes mate, very similar.

It has the overlay data of time / date and Speed in either MPH or KPH (user selectable).

I am still working on this application and it is getting there (when work commitments don't get in the way of course!!)

It will not be shelved and once ready for a public beta, i will post here.

Regards,

Steve
        System - Epia SP13000 for Main PC, Holux GR-213 USB GPS Receiver SiRF Star III, 2.4Ghz Uplink with VNC and Custom designed USB Intelligent SDC (In DEV). All fed to a Sony CDX-F7500 Headunit via USB. www.wrx-carpc.co.uk

Comment

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to try this software . Will you support capturing as MPEG or just AVI ?

Comment

It captures in what ever codec you have installed, MPEG, AVI DivX etc. All aspects ofthe program are user configurable.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

this is very cool and very, very usefull. Suprised no one has thought of it before.
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Oh yes it has been though before! Tissy just seems to be the first one to have the skills to do it

I'd recommend a feature to output also the coordinates to the screen. Those are not so important to everybody so it could be optional...

edit: also make it so you can have it overwrite the older files. For example you could have 5 gigs of storage reserved for the videos - after that is filled up It'll start to record over the old files. (/delete them)
                Volvo 480 Restoration Project

Comment

very interesting. hope we can have the trial asap.
                  My postinghttp://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90051

Comment

Thanks guys, i will get this done asap and release at least the videos of it in action. At the moment it just has my mug on the video sitting at my desk with a GPS simulator providing the data!

I'll keep you posted !!

Steve

Comment

This would be an amazing addition to the CarPC! I know someone mentioned it but coordinates would be very useful. Maybe the option to turn the displays on/off. Ive been looking for something like this for a long time.

GREAT WORK!!!

Scott AFB, IL

Comment

Unfortunately, the development tools i have used are demo only. For me to then distribute the 'product' i would have to buy the full licence, which is around $150. This is what is holding me up at the moment, i have a good working base, but i will be unable to release until i can afford the funds to purchase the distributable OCX.

At present it displays time, date, co-ords and you can also watermark a custom bitmap image !

I'll keep you posted until it is released.

Steve

PS. Unless people would like to make a donation as per the links on my site which will go towards this tools development . If you do wish to donate to this project, please email me first.

Comment

Let's see $10 apiece takes 15 users, I'm game. And if it doesn't happen, no great loss.
                          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Count me in. Let's get this ball rolling. We are grea community.
                            $10 bucks sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X