My LPT Relay Control Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LPT Relay Control Software

Well, since Gutter released his much more complicated source, I figured I'd do the same (especially since I was asked to).

So, do the Right-Click->save as deal on these

Control Program 1 EXE
    Control Program 1 Source

Control Program 2 EXE
    Control Program 2 Source

Neither is perfect, and neither is really finished.
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

thanks!

its great
    99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

OK, so I'm working on the upgrades to this software (CLICK HERE TO VIEW THREAD THAT STARTED THIS )

It's a little buggy right now, but if I got it right on the first try, then I wouldn't be in college. I expect to be finished (functionally) by monday. I'll post the executeable and source by the end of next week--if I remember to.
      I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

well, it didnt take nearly as long as I thought it would.

Crash's Relay Control v 1.1

Screen Shots:

Main Program

options menu
        I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

hey people...

if you guys really want to add something custom to your carputer use this relay kit. it connects to your parallel port and turn things on and off like lights, neon etc. go to the original post of this thread and check it out. its cheap.

its the ****! and with a touchscreen to control it...
          99.9% complete.

Comment

hey wizardpc

is there any reason i cant download this anymore?
            al
            99.9% complete.

Comment

DONT DOWNLOAD THE EXE FILES..... They are infected with W32.ElKern.4926. Luckly I've got Norton Antivirus....

The only bad thing about that relay control app is that it will not work on any flavor of Windows NT (NT 4, 2k, XP). I'll work on something a little more portable that you guys can use on Win 95/98/ME and Win NT/2K/XP.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremeRS
                DONT DOWNLOAD THE EXE FILES..... They are infected with W32.ElKern.4926. .
                I scanned them with Mcafee 4.0.4236. Checked out clean.

Comment

yup. it wont work on my home pc which has xp but on my others its ok. thanks
                  99.9% complete.

Comment

hmm, I dont know whats up then. As soon as I downloaded them, the virus scanner popped up.

Comment

I've got a pretty cool app in the works. Allows for a totally custom interface that supports all button modes (Toggle/Timed Intervals/Momentary) Works on Win9x and NT/2k/XP with the use of a small DLL (49k). I'll let you guys take a look at it when I've got something worth presenting.

Comment

i have'nt tried your app yet but since your still working on it i have a feature request. Could you make the buttons have "hotkeys" ie: "CTRL+A" = Relay 1, "CTRL+B" =Relay 2, etc...
                        That way it's easier to make macros with them instead of doing the "record mouse movements" way. Maybe you have already put that feature in , if so disregard.
                        It can't hurt to ask can it.
                        GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
                        VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

IMHO mapping to the function keys would be better, as not a lot (not as much as uses CTRL + A, etc) of software uses them.

Dave

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the app I'm making.

(Copy and paste: http://www22.brinkster.com/elitefbod...Controller.jpg)

So far it works pretty well. It supports 3 different button modes: Toggle, Momentary, and Timer. The timer mode has 2 settings, Interval and Loops. Interval is the time between relay pulses, and Loops is the number of times the relay should pulse. If Loops is set to -1, the relay pulses until the button is clicked again. I am also thinking about adding a setting that disables a relay based on the status of an input pin (could be used with microswitches and motors to create some kind of animated event). Let me know what you guys think!

Comment

Looking pretty godd
                              Got a couple of questions tho...
                              Have you ever seen the SB Live control panel app that sits on the top (or bottom) of the screen but only appears when you move the mouse to that edge? Can you do that?
                              I assume that the interface will be totally (and I mean totally) customisable?
                              I have a plan for mine to control the heater unit. So I figured on designing a screen to replicate that, but with a touch screen in mind.
                              With that one would obviously have to design graphics and such, is that possible to do and then insert them into this app?
                              Macromedia flash front end for the grpahics linked to the app that translates for the relays?
                              Keep up the good work!!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X