Winamp opens over RRunner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp opens over RRunner

Software problem: Wehn starting Road Runner, it will launch Winamp, but Winamp stays maximized in front of rrunner. help?

at a guess your using one of the latest versions of winamp.. you can right click on it on the taskbar and make it stay hidden, or my advice would be to go and download winamp 2.95 which works flawlessly and has a smaller cpu usage than the newer versions

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Had the same problem. If using winamp 2.95, uncheck "always on top" in the winamp options settings then run RRconfig and check "hide winamp" (or something like that)
      OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
      Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
      Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
      BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
      M2-ATX Power Supply
      RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
      Windows XP SP3

Comment

you can also get winamp not to display the main interface, so it only sits in the task bar. just untick the main interface tick.
        Current:
        [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

On reason i reckon that winamp 5.x is better than winamp 2.95 is the random algorithm is actually random!

for the past month i have had the same starting point, and get a different song every time. With my first carPC install (many moons ago) i had a headless win95 box running through a playlist on random, and it would play in the same order every time. That was running winamp 2.95

Comment

This is a great site to DL old verisions of most any good app for free and no ads..
            http://oldversion.com/
            Ive been using it for years.
            10 acura TL tech
            10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

Doesn't winamp 5 keep it's location saved in registry for the next time it runs? So, if you minimize it to the taskbar, close it, then open up RR, winamp will know to go to the taskbar. At least that's what I've experienced.

Comment

run RRConfig.exe and check "hide winamp". Done. Dont matter what version of winamp ur running.
                01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

setting winamp hidden in RR didn't stop 2.95 showing over RR on my system either.

Had to disable winamps interface from Winamps own preferences...
                  My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                  NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                  X