Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another frontend, but developed in delphi

Hello guys,
    I just starded creating my own frontend in delphi 2006, my main focus will be on great performance and nice graphics.
    The problem is that i don't YET have a carpc....but i'm working on that to.
    Is there anyone interested in working with me for this project, it will all going to be opensource.
    I have a lot of ideeas of what to do and also how to do them, so in my oppinion it's going to be a good frontend.
    Talk is cheap... so i will go on with working on the app.

I need only a tiny suggestion. I need a very fast database which will hold information about library, artists,songs,ratings and the fastest i could think of was mysql, what do you think ?
    Is there another option for this ?

Thank you for your time.

Delphi

Originally posted by johnybe2003 View Post
    Hello guys,
    I just starded creating my own frontend in delphi 2006, my main focus will be on great performance and nice graphics.
    The problem is that i don't YET have a carpc....but i'm working on that to.
    Is there anyone interested in working with me for this project, it will all going to be opensource.
    I have a lot of ideeas of what to do and also how to do them, so in my oppinion it's going to be a good frontend.
    Talk is cheap... so i will go on with working on the app.

I need only a tiny suggestion. I need a very fast database which will hold information about library, artists,songs,ratings and the fastest i could think of was mysql, what do you think ?
    Is there another option for this ?

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

i wrote the HQCT control software in delphi (5, now on Delphi7), feel free to download the source from www.datalex.be, www.xtronic.be or http://users.telenet.be/putput, the last one is a version derived from mine and reworked. I am finishing a new release that no longer requires an extra dll for the USB.

How much data do you want to store? Mysql sounds OK but you might get away by using files and load them in memory when needed.

Welcome to the gang,

Diogenes

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
      Hi,

i wrote the HQCT control software in delphi (5, now on Delphi7), feel free to download the source from www.datalex.be, www.xtronic.be or http://users.telenet.be/putput, the last one is a version derived from mine and reworked. I am finishing a new release that no longer requires an extra dll for the USB.

How much data do you want to store? Mysql sounds OK but you might get away by using files and load them in memory when needed.

Welcome to the gang,

Diogenes
      Thank you for the reply
      I would like to store the information about mp3's about the user's prefered station or even more i have lots of ideeas
      I would like to know for 10.000 records, what would be good.
      I thought of mysql because i use it for other programs that i make and it has high response, but i haven't tested it with so much records.

I will download your app and see what it does

Comment

Watching this thread.

I would like to work with you on this. PM me your e-mail and I can send you the source for SKINbedder (in Delphi).

Comment

what do you guys say if the whole app would be developet using directx...would it help on beeing fast and all that...just plain 2D no 3D stuff.
          I can use a very good delphi component called asphyre.

Comment

I cant figure out a name for the frontend

the name i want should inspire great performance, and nice graphics....just what everybody wants from a frontend, and what every frontend developer wants to achieve.
            if you have any ideeas PLEASE come with them...

Comment

Hi Johnybe2003,
              I'm the developer Diogenes told you about in his previous post. I'm already working on a frontend in Delphi for more then a year now.
              The CPCTuner (HQCT) program is a 'part of my collection'.
              The modules that I'm working on are:
              - An MP3 player, using an integrated database called Absolute Database (http://www.componentace.com).
              This database is not the fastest one arround but has a pretty good performance for an embedded solution, and its biggest advantage is that it does not require any DLL's or other installations. Everything is compiled into the exe file. I also use it to store program settings and other data that needs to be stored, with small amounts of data it works very fast.
              - A phone control program, using a serial interface over Bluetooth and supporting Nokia mobile phones.
              - The HQCT program that you can download on http://users.telenet.be/putput
              - OBDII program
              - Movie player
              - Internet browser program
              - Shell
              All modules are seperate multithreaded (if needed) programs using IP sockets to communicate and the shell controls startup/shutdown/hibernate of the modules and the PC itself. I'm using Suiskin components to make it 'skinable', possible day and night skin switching automatically with sunset/sunrise. Detection of car on/off initiating automatic hibernate/wakeup via serial port interface. I'm using Garmin's NRoute software for GPS currently but it is not very touchscreen friendly so this is the next candidate to be added to the list. Some modules are for 80% or more finished, the movie player and OBDII are still in the very early stages (= read 'Hello world!')
              Thats about it in a nutshell, PM me with your email address, I think we have a lot to talk about!
              Regards,
              Putput

Comment

how about Carma? I was going to use that but didn't in the end. It was nice
                Current:
                [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Originally posted by sama View Post
                  how about Carma? I was going to use that but didn't in the end. It was nice
                  Kinda brutal ...but i'll think of it ...
                  it's the only one i have until now...that i haven't seen to be used for frontends

Comment

You can use sqlite. Its nice and fast DB, originaly implemented in C but u can compile it to dll and import functions to delphi.
                    BTW streetdeck uses this DB

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
                      You can use sqlite. Its nice and fast DB, originaly implemented in C but u can compile it to dll and import functions to delphi.
                      BTW streetdeck uses this DB
                      Thank you, i'll give it a try, i have decided on a name : "Turtle Media System"
                      The homepage of the project is http://www.rowire.ro/projects/frontend.php

Comment

Originally posted by johnybe2003 View Post
                        Thank you, i'll give it a try, i have decided on a name : "Turtle Media System"
                        The homepage of the project is http://www.rowire.ro/projects/frontend.php
                        How does "Turtle" inspire great performance and graphics??? I thought that was what you were after (see your post #6 above)
                        Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

haha, that's really funny. well spotted

ps. no offence
                          Current:
                          [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                          [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

) i know that the turtle doesn't inspire what i wanted above, but if you knwo the story with the reabbit and the turtle :d, that is what i thought of

Comment

I can donate my GammaControl and NavivOice source, both of which are written in Delphi7.
                              PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                              GammaControl v2.4
                              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                              X