X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything similar to Cobra exist ?

Hi ,

I tried CobraII but it crashes to much on my PC - don't know why -

Is ther any similar / alternative software around ?

Thanks

felix
    =>> Carpc Version2 -- Epia M 10K based<<=
    ::Epia M10k,7"VGA/40GB2.5",GPS,Opus90W ::
    ::trying to build second low cost carpc::
    ::Automp3.de :: CAR= Renault Clio2 - 2 seats 1.9D

ThunderMP3 is coming...

I am puttin the finishing touches on an MP3 interface that I wrote in VB...

It's exclusive to 5.6" screens and the finger mice...I'll post more info in the next few days...

You can see a tease shot HERE

Be sure and select the ThunderMP3 folder...

-Mike
    "As God as my witness...I thought turkey's could fly"

Comment

Ok thanks for reply will try it when it would be out !

Found some month ago also a VB prog from a site here in germany.

It plays movies music etc .

www.nickles.de ( nicklesvision)

but it's not freeware and they wanna have 40 4 it . but everyone can download and try it - sometimes some nag screens in shareware - found cobra better even if nicklesvision looks better .
      but its in german and u need to read the help file - no mouse only keyboard or remote control.

Reagrds

felix

Comment

Quite a few people on the forum have developed software that interfaces vb and flash to create a vb/flash fully skinnable interface. I'm one of them, although mine isn't finished yet

The software I am writing is not going to be the next cobra, but will be 101% freeware, probably open source and definitly does not include more than basic faq style technical support as I'm a full time student who has a life outside mp3car (well I lie about the last part, but everything else is true... ) The benafits of using flash is you can create your own interface smoothly and easily, including what you want and where you want it. The app simply handles controlling winamp or windows media player (still working on dvd support...), while handling playlists for mp3's. You can link to any program on your carputer from anywhere in the flash file, while all the data about the file being played is available to your flash file through actionscript and variables.

My software has no official release date, but I can tell you it hasn't even made alpha yet as I have only just finished exams. However it is working pretty damn well so far, and will be feature packed when finally released.
        Mediabox Hardware Project
        Current Stage: A complete redesign, although not much happening right now!

Mediabox Software Project
        Status: Writing Sync Software (still) and playing around with interface
        To do: Far too much!

Comment

How do you link the VB program to a flash file? I don't get it at all can some one explain it or give me a link.

Comment

@ Andrew - I'm also interested in how to link VB to flash - i tried to write somwthing in c++ but its discontinued for the moment . ( I'm also student and actually I've much exams to pass - actually a bit because of building my carmp3 player faild in Math exam :-(

do you have some links tutz or something else explaining vb<=> flash merging and what programs do u use ??

Many Thanks

felix

P.S:
            would you make jour soft open source or do you know a flash VB player which is Open source ?

Comment

I open-sourced my program just to answer that question. Look in the News section of my site for the link. www.dynamoeffects.com/impee3 I'm trying to keep my bandwidth low, so that's why I'm not just posting a direct link to the software.

Also, these threads:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&threadid=8366
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&threadid=8442
              Don't Click

Comment

Gutter, your system looks really good the software too. The only thing i can say is the wires in the trunk. But i can't get Impeeamp to run it keeps giving me: run-time error '9':
                Subscript out of range

Comment

Checkout the README_NOW.txt file that's dropped in the install directory. That error means that you didn't specify the correct path to your mp3 directory in the config.ini file, which is also in the install directory.

Let me know if you have any more problems.
                  Don't Click

Comment

Ok i completly missed that one last thing theres no mouse support?

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter172
                      Ok i completly missed that one last thing theres no mouse support?
                      None needed.

It's designed to be controlled with a numeric keypad.

C!
                      http://carpc.riposte.net
                      I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

Good luck with the crash vb course C4M - I was kinda like that with c++, but I never got round to finishing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Chappell
                          Good luck with the crash vb course C4M - I was kinda like that with c++, but I never got round to finishing it!
                          Luckily I have a friend that knows a lot about these things, and I've started downloading the things that I need - as VB6 is over, I'll be starting fresh in VB.net, so it's all a learning experience!

C!
                          http://carpc.riposte.net
                          I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

I've never done anything in vb.net before - is it very different from vb6?? I was sent all the visual studio.net betas to test by microsoft but never got round to it...

Comment

abcd-1
                              Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                              You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Working...
                              X