dos divx player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dos divx player

hi i've used quick viewer for watching divx mmovies on dos because my old 200mhz wont play it with divx 5 player is their any windows player that has low requirements ?
    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Hi ,
    I Think the Playa wich is coming with divx codec has the requirements .

regards

felix
    =>> Carpc Version2 -- Epia M 10K based<<=
    ::Epia M10k,7"VGA/40GB2.5",GPS,Opus90W ::
    ::trying to build second low cost carpc::
    ::Automp3.de :: CAR= Renault Clio2 - 2 seats 1.9D

Comment

I didn't even know you could watch divx movies in DOS. I downloaded it, but everytime I try to watch a movie, it says, "The file has an unsupported format." How did you get it to work, babas?
      Don't Click

Comment

hum it depends on the codec that was used to encode the movie that you are trying to watch
        unlike other windows based dvix players it does'nt get it's codecs from files or folders on your system it has them built in so it can only suport a few formats on the 3 dvix i had i got to see 2 of them. it's a pretty kool soft you can eveen play mp3 's on it
        Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

unless someone has ported the DivX 5 codec to DOS, I dont know how this can be possible..... DivX 5 is not even open source no? so it would be upto divx.com to make this happen.... and I dont see that being the case....
          Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Dos divx player

There is a good div-x player for msdos but i don't think it supports div-x 5 anyways here's the address:

http://www.multimediaware.com/qv/

It's as good as a dos div-x player could be.
            Cheers Mosh

Comment

Re: Dos divx player

Originally posted by mosh
              There is a good div-x player for msdos but i don't think it supports div-x 5 anyways here's the address:

http://www.multimediaware.com/qv/

It's as good as a dos div-x player could be.
              someone always has to prove me WRONG!

looks nice, but I just feel that if divx.com are charging for their full version PRO codec, I dont see a source release hitting the streets for ppl to implement their own variants for software purposes such as this.....

personally I just run the 5.02 GAIN Codec with my spyware, then 'cripple' it so it dont 'spyware' on me..... works a treat...

Comment

someone always has to prove me WRONG!

looks nice, but I just feel that if divx.com are charging for their full version PRO codec, I dont see a source release hitting the streets for ppl to implement their own variants for software purposes such as this.....

personally I just run the 5.02 GAIN Codec with my spyware, then 'cripple' it so it dont 'spyware' on me..... works a treat... [/QUOTE]

well that's if your computer can run movies from windows...
                the only reason i'm using it is becaus my 200mhz cant play from windows ///or i dont have a soft that will

Comment

Originally posted by babas151
                  well that's if your computer can run movies from windows...
                  the only reason i'm using it is becaus my 200mhz cant play from windows ///or i dont have a soft that will
                  I think u missed my point, which was to say that a doubt DivX 5 support will make it into a third party player since the whole divx operation has gone commercial...

Comment

Working...
                  X