Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port-Splitter (Other then xport)?

Hi everyone!

I just have a simple little question, I need some kind of portsplitter, freeware ofcourse... I've tried Xport but have been having some issues with it, the port not showing, getting disconnected etc and I want my system to be stable...

Any suggestion?
    Swedish site for CarPC's
    http://www.bilpc.info

GPSGate
    It's what I use, and works rather well.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I use the serial port splitter from Eltima

http://www.eltima.com/products/virtual_drivers/

Works great

Comment

Originally posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
        I use the serial port splitter from Eltima

http://www.eltima.com/products/virtual_drivers/

Works great
        Yeah that looks real nice... just to bad it's a 14 day trial, but I guess if I want anything that works flawless I need to buy it...

Downloaded GPSGate to and will give them both a try... gpsgate wasn't freeware either so I'll have to try it before I decide...
        Swedish site for CarPC's
        http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Originally posted by Naesstrom View Post
          Yeah that looks real nice... just to bad it's a 14 day trial, but I guess if I want anything that works flawless I need to buy it...
          shame.....xport has been rock solid for me, on more than one pc!
          Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Naesstrom View Post

Downloaded GPSGate to and will give them both a try... gpsgate wasn't freeware either so I'll have to try it before I decide...
            Well I umm 'found' the Eltima software elsewhere...

Comment

I used xport for years, find GPSgate way better. much smaller memory usage

Comment

I thought GPSGate had a bunch more features. There is a new smaller version of XPort out though. Not much smaller. But if the port doesn't show up I don't think either one will be able to find it.

Edit: Just downloaded GPSGate. GPSGate uses 8~10MB and XPort uses 3~4MB. That's nothing. Neither one of them uses much at all. GPSGate has lots of converters, a logger and simulator built in so it's going to use a little more.

Comment

i use GPS gate because it will establish the gps connection without having any other app open..
                  View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

I got GPSGate for free when I bought my BU-353.
                    It workes fine in my setup and didn't cost me anythying, so I've never needed to look into xPort or any similar apps.

One thing I like about it is that I get a tray icon that gives me a visual indication of whether my GPS has a lock or not if I'm not in my front-end. I don't know if any of the other apps have this or not, but it's damn handy!
                    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I use Xport for years and never had a single problem. Well, some time there is problem but Curiosity fixed it.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by djmickyg View Post
                        i use GPS gate because it will establish the gps connection without having any other app open..
                        LOL
                        I probably need to write better instructions, but most people don't read them anyway.

Comment

Hey Curiosity...i didnt even notice that you updated the xport3...i have been using it for a while now...Get updates. I was just wonder wit the devices list if they are check they are restarted upon resume. What about disabling then rite before hibernation? I hav e a problem with my wifi and it basically stops the pc from hibernating...I have tried the devcon method with suspend trigger and it still doesn't work correctly.
                          2002 Mitsubishi Galant
                          Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
                          Via M10K
                          512mb Ram
                          60GB HDD
                          Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
                          OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Yep. That's exactly how it works. Before hibernation it disables the driver and enables after resume. It works like devcon so it will probably do the exact same thing though. Sorry. My wifi does that too, but not very often, so I may have to try and find a solution soon.

Comment

Those you use wifi with prevent the system from hibernate. How did you guy connect the wifi to the system? Thru a hub or directly to the mobo port?

I had this problem before too. The solution is plug it directly to the mobo port. Plugin thru a hub create problem especially USB2 card into 1.1 hub. I also has this problem when the browser (firefox) still retrieve data. Once it complete, I can hibernate.
                              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                              X