Hibernate/Standby Detection plugin for Winamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernate/Standby Detection plugin for Winamp

I don't know if anyone has noticed but when you go into hibernation and you have a song playing, when you turn the computer back on the song skips for a couple of seconds.

I'm currently developing a winamp plugin that detects if the system is hibernating or entering standby and pauses a song if it is playing. Then when you come back from hibernation, it resumes playback with no skips.

It will also work with the NiceMC plugin (which plays DIVX and DVD under Winamp). Coming out of hibernation will cause the currently playing file to play from the beginning because it is not possible to resume playback of these files (skips too much).

Does anyone need it and have any feature requests? I know I'm gonna get some jokes with this one.

Tom
    1993 Probe GT
    Rio Car w/20gb

how about a resume function , that would resume playing after a shutdown or relaunch ofwinamp ? it would be good to have all the power related stuff in just one plugin instead of having each function as a plugin...
    Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

there is a resumer plugin for winamp that works quite well.

when you boot up winamp it starts playing where you left off (it saves the settings at a user defined interval)
      aka Kumaneko
      "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
      Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
      mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
      Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

how did you notice that the song wasn't at the same position as it was when the computer went into hibrnation? do you write down the time? and I think you normally don't put your computer into hibernation when you watch the divx movies?
        I don't think this plugin is really useful. This plugin would be useful only if you need to reinitialize some lcds when you return from hibernation or something similiar.
        btw how do you know when the computer is going into hibernation? I was writing something similiar but for my home pc and the only thing I was able to do was to check the time every 10 seconds and if there were more than 11 sec the computer probably just returned from hibernation.
        ---

Status: I still need to get some money to buy the inverter.

Comment

I don't know if that last post is directed towards me but if it is I don't think you fully understand the way hibernation works. Hibernation takes about half the time to boot. It also picks up where you left off. So if your in the middle of a song it will pick back up where you left off. The same thing with a movie.

The only problem with this is sometimes the songs skip when you come out of hibernation. Movies are also unplayable when you come out of hibernation.

What my plugin does is pauses playback before you enter hibernation so the buffer clears so it won't skip when you come back on. When you do come back on it unpauses and you won't have any skips. For movies it starts playing the last viewed movie from the beginning.

I find this plugin very useful for me. I'm also adding support for turning on an amp through a remote turn on connected to the serial port. Whenever Winamp is running the amp will be on. Whenever Winamp isn't (during shutdowns and boots), the amp will be off.

Tom
          1993 Probe GT
          Rio Car w/20gb

Comment

Originally posted by jure1873
            how did you notice that the song wasn't at the same position as it was when the computer went into hibrnation? do you write down the time? and I think you normally don't put your computer into hibernation when you watch the divx movies?
            I don't think this plugin is really useful. This plugin would be useful only if you need to reinitialize some lcds when you return from hibernation or something similiar.
            btw how do you know when the computer is going into hibernation? I was writing something similiar but for my home pc and the only thing I was able to do was to check the time every 10 seconds and if there were more than 11 sec the computer probably just returned from hibernation.
            In visual basic theirs an component called sysinof i think... it tells you when the computer is going to standby, hibernation, and also tells you when it's comming back from it...
            Apple Ipod 20gig 4th gen black and white. Saves you lots of time. and a pocketpc with wifi for the ocasional email cheking and mapping at a hotspot.

Comment

thanks, I didn't know
              ---

Status: I still need to get some money to buy the inverter.

Comment

Working...
              X