DVD and DivX playback software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD and DivX playback software

Does anybody know a SINGLE piece of software that can playback BOTH DVDs and DivX?
    Right now I am using PowerDVD (an old version) for DVDs and another DivX player but I would like to find one program for BOTH in order to be less complicated to control (not having to map more functions/buttons on MouseRemote).

a newer version of powerDVD will do both
    My Setup

Comment

Does it support playback with all the current DivX codec versions (3,4 and 5)?

Comment

it`ll play anything that windows media player plays
        My Setup

Comment

install powerDVD and use media player.
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

http://www.inmatrix.com/

Someone posted this link the other day.

Zoom player supposedly will play both, I played an asf and an avi, but i haven't tried the DVD playback yet.
            aka Kumaneko
            "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
            Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
            mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
            Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

Cenwesi,

what do you mean? I should install PowerDVD for the DVDs and use Media player for DivX?
              I don't like windows media player but PowerDVD is very good- I 'll try it to see if it can playback both.

Comment

yes...media player will play both DVD + Divx if u have powerdvd/cinemaster installed.
                abcd-1
                Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
                You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

we had this discussion a while ago did we not Charles?

as charles said, PowerDVD/WinDVD/etc will install the required DVD decompressor software (the licensed bit) into your windows OS, then media player can play it.....
                  Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Working...
                  X