VB.Net WMP - can i pull the ID3 tags from WMP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB.Net WMP - can i pull the ID3 tags from WMP

I am developing some software, I am using the WMP control in VB.Net I can get music playing in VB.Net with the WMP control. What I am wondering is can i pull the MP3 ID3 tags and WMA Info Tags from the WMP control? Or do i need to write my own "reader" to read the header info?

I vaguely remember doing some stuff for a similar purpose. From what I can recall I avoided even trying to pull directly from WMP and used a mp3 file class I found on the net that you could simply pass a filename to the constructor and it would read the id3 info. There is a bunch of examples of this around, if you can't find one I will dig it out...
    2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
    [----------] 100%
    Purchasing:
    [----------] 90%
    Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
    [----------] 90%

Comment

It's been a while since I used the WMP control but I remember being able to pull all that stuff really easily. Check the documentation on MSDN and the sample player that comes with the control.

Comment

I've used the WMP method for pulling ID3 info, but I hated its operation... It's been a while since I've used it, but I just remember I hated it.

As for an easy/cheap method, the Windows metadata is very easy, using OLEobjects (shell, folder, folderitem)... Look up GetDetailsOf( ) on MSDN.
        Play with it, 'til it's broke.

Comment

Working...
        X