Standalone BlueSoleil wrapper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone BlueSoleil wrapper

Just updated the wrapper to be managed code so now its alot easier to use in .Net. Attached the latest version below

Due to lots of people asking and the fact I had to do it to get some bits working I have split my mobilephone plugin in two. There is now a RR specific plugin thats still called mobilephone and a new dll that is a wrapper around the BlueSoleil sdk.

I've included a sample VB.net express 2008 project to show how to use it.

It currently has two known problems.

1) For some reason it loses the connection to the phone after about 5 minutes. Dont know why but working on it. If you reconnect its all fine. If you implement an autoconnect function it works fine.
    2) The signal and battery strength indicates haven't been implemented yet. Again working on it.

You need to put the BSWrapper dll in the same directory as the program calling it. I didn't need to register it but I had to have the vc redistribution installed if I didn't have vc express installed.

Lastly BlueSoleil version 6.4.236.0 or greater is required

Have fun and any questions just ask.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lambosprit; 02-15-2011, 04:03 PM. Reason: added test app

yay sweet
    THANKS A LOT!!!!
    Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
    Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
    3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Thanks for your hard work.
      Will be checking this out today!

Comment

Thanks for your efforts but I cant seem to get the sample to work on my laptop, i get an error: 0x8007000B which it seems from looking around on google that you might need to recompile it for x64, any clue?
        "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
        Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
        Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
        Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
        Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

it all seems to work ok for me

Comment

Originally posted by vtcom View Post
            it all seems to work ok for me
            What are you running?
            "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
            Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
            Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
            Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
            Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

xp sp3 on a ibm t60 laptop

Comment

i get the following error :

Unable to load DLL 'BSWrapper.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

i have the wrapper file in the release folder as well as the project folder. I attempted to add it as a reference but it didnt do anything. Is there a version of bluesoliel required?
                mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Just had a chance to play with this latest version, it's working well.. good job!

Only current issues I've noticed are the voice gateway doesn't connect if BT already has a connection to the phone (if you click connect, then connected label changes to 'true' but 'net avail' stays false.. if you disconnect then reconnect it works fine.)

Also for some reason 'hangup' doesn't appear to be working for me, I can dial, answer, get callerid and see incoming calls, but hangup doesn't actually seem to do anything - even though in a call it returns 0 whereas out of call it returns 770..

Great job so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                    i get the following error :

Unable to load DLL 'BSWrapper.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

i have the wrapper file in the release folder as well as the project folder. I attempted to add it as a reference but it didnt do anything. Is there a version of bluesoliel required?
                    If you are running the project from within Visual Studio you need to put the dll inside the debug folder not the release one.
                    Even if you didn't have BS installed I wouldn't have expected you to get that error so I shouldn't think that will be your problem.
                    Having said that you may get wierd issues if you are running a very old version as I'm fairly sure the HFP service was only implemented fairly recently.

You can get a 15 day trial of the latest version here; http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/d...asp?resoure=43

It may be a good idea if people post which version of the stack they are using when reporting if this is working or not, then we can get an idea of what works.

I've tested it myself with 6.4.245 and 6.4.249 and both work fine.

Comment

The net_avail is a problem I know of. Its down to the bluesoleil software itsself. It only reports on network availability when the phone is first connected. If you restart the app without disconnecting then bluesoleil doesn't rereport the network status. Its whats causing me the most head aches in converting my mobilephone plugin.

Sonicxtacy02. you can check where its looking for the dll by adding a message box to output the path setting.

add this line

msgbox Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("path") after the path is set.

the reason to do this is that you cannot set a variable path to a dll but if the dll is in the local path then its found. so I set the path to include where the application is runnin from which is why the dll need to be in the same directory. If you know a better or different way I would be interested.

Comment

Had a think about the netavail problem.

What does everyone think of automatically disconnectig and reconnecting if the phone is already connected when the app first starts up? The downside for me is you have to accept the audio connection on the phone (but that might just be my phone).

Comment

downside for me is you have to accept the audio connection on the phone
                          In your phone settings go to paired phone and select that pair as autorized, paired, permament, automatic - different makes call that diferently but as result of that option phone will auto connect w/ your comp w/o confirmation message
                          3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

thanks for that tempgp.works a treat

Comment

you got it buddy ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X