X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to i turn code into an exe??

Hi there, I have the following code

Dim objComport

Set objComport = CreateObject ( "ActiveXperts.Comport" )

objComport.Device = "COM1" ' Set comport
    HardwareFlowControl = 0 ' HW Flow control off, manually
    control the HW lines
    objComport.Open ' open the serial port
    objComport.RaiseDTR ( 1 ) ' activate dtr pin

Which is a vb script to turn on the dtr pin of my serial port... How to i turn this into an executable?! Thanks, Nick

you would need Visual Basic to compile the code and make it into a EXE...

Comment

hmmm.. dont have that! Could anyone possibly compile it for me and send it to me please?

Comment

Sure...

since I got nothing to do.. here it is..lol

By the way, I didnt know if you want to run the exe and then press a button to activate it, or you just want to run the exe and the command to be run on start up automatically ..so I did a button just in case

I dont know if you that's what you want but here:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thenick100
          Hi there, I have the following code

Dim objComport

Set objComport = CreateObject ( "ActiveXperts.Comport" )

objComport.Device = "COM1" ' Set comport
          HardwareFlowControl = 0 ' HW Flow control off, manually
          control the HW lines
          objComport.Open ' open the serial port
          objComport.RaiseDTR ( 1 ) ' activate dtr pin

Which is a vb script to turn on the dtr pin of my serial port... How to i turn this into an executable?! Thanks, Nick
          To compile it, there also needs to be a reference in it to the Active X control, and it would need to be present on the compiling machine. What does this do exactly/whats this for/and where did this code come from?
          Mobile Impact
          Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.
          http://mobileimpact.biz.tm

Comment

hehe.. well then forget my try.. lol unless he gives me the ActveX control but still I wouldn't be sure how to use it soooooo.. sorry.. I tried..lol

-Emo

Comment

Right basically all it does is turn on the dtr pin on the serial port so i can use this signal to switch a transistor and turn on my amps, so emliminating amp pop on turn on... I want to put it in the startup folder so it starts with windows, then continues running until shutdown, when it stops and the amps turn off again. Its a version of this http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ws+service+dtr which a guy made before. The program has since vanished so i emailed a guy who makes serial toolkit to give me that code to activate the dtr pin! Hope that explains it a little better!

Comment

Ok I get you now.. but like reddeath said, you still need to give us an ActiveX control that will be integrated into the exe..

-Emo

Comment

Whats one of those when its at home? I vaguely know about them from web design but how does work in this instance? Basically i need to kno what you need and where to find it! Sorry for being completely lost when it comes to coding!

Comment

doesn't need to be compiled....just open notepad, enter that code, save the file as "whatever.vbs".
                    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
                    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
                    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
                    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
                    VoomPC 2

Comment

Really? So i can just put that in the startup folder and it will work?

Comment

yes, or double-click it.

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                        VoomPC 2

Comment

Awesome, then is that the right code? it did have a wait command, then a turn off serial port at the end but it just deleted it because i want it to stay on until the program is stopped on shutdown... do i need to put a loop command in? or will that keep the signal going until shutdown?

Comment

not sure how that COM object you're using works...you may need to put a wait or sleep command at the end to keep the script running... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/default.asp enjoy!

Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
                            VoomPC 2

Comment

Mmm Mmm good. nothing like VB scripts being run by a privileged user.

Comment

Working...
                              X